Dangerous energy drinks

Should energy drinks be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No, but with strict regulations

• Not bothered, no opinion, couldn't give a ....

• Total voters

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Normal link (behind paywall) -

Hopefully (touch wood) non paywall version -

More sugar than coke, more caffeine than coffee – the ‘dangerous’ energy drinks that Britain’s teens are hooked on.

Young people in the UK are the biggest consumers of energy drinks for their age group in Europe. Here’s what we all need to know

I remember about 10 years ago, a friend gave me a can of Red Bull. Never had the stuff in my life before, or any other brand. I drunk half and then felf ill/nauseous for a full 24 hours. I thought, "This shit needs banned".

Fast forward to today, doctors are now warning about energy drinks, surprise suprise. Should they be banned?

Then, what's the implications when the pro Red Bull clan start saying, "But but, Lucozade is an energy drink".

Hmm, I quite like to watch Red Bull Soap Box challenge now and then, it'll need a new sponsor.

More sugar than coke, more caffeine than coffee – the ‘dangerous’ energy drinks that Britain’s teens are hooked on.

Young people in the UK are the biggest consumers of energy drinks for their age group in Europe. Here’s what we all need to know

I remember about 10 years ago, a friend gave me a can of Red Bull. Never had the stuff in my life before, or any other brand. I drunk half and then felf ill/nauseous for a full 24 hours. I thought, "This shit needs banned".

Fast forward to today, doctors are now warning about energy drinks, surprise suprise. Should they be banned?

Then, what's the implications when the pro Red Bull clan start saying, "But but, Lucozade is an energy drink".

Hmm, I quite like to watch Red Bull Soap Box challenge now and then, it'll need a new sponsor.
I've had one Red Bull in my life. Sugar in particular needs to be reduced in the diets of all people, along with refined carbs we are poisoning ourselves

I've drank either a Rockstar or a Monster energy drink just about every morning for over the last three years. The sugared versions, not the artificially-sweetened ones.

They're like a morning cup of coffee to me.

I've drank either a Rockstar or a Monster energy drink just about every morning for over the last three years. The sugared versions, not the artificially-sweetened ones.

They're like a morning cup of coffee to me.
It's the caffeine that wrecks me, coffee is fine but not super concentrated Red Bull

Why are young people guzzling these energy drinks? One thing I remember about my 20s is always doing something.

But don't mess with my coffee.

It's the caffeine that wrecks me, coffee is fine but not super concentrated Red Bull

Probably so. I don't care for the taste of Red Bull, and the Rockstar and Monster drinks only have the caffeine content of one cup of coffee.

1717930885331.png

~S~

My question would be ... if "dangerous" things need to be banned or heavily restricted .. why would it only apply to energy drinks? Pretty much everything about life is "dangerous" yet legislation is so myopically focused on A "dangerous" thing. In the United States, Schumer wants to target non-tobacco nicotine packs while also allowing the legalization of pot.

As long as we all wish to see Americans morph into huge lumps of lard we should encourage them to drink as many so called energy drinks as they can afford to swill down their blowholes .
And lots of Pizza and lovely processed meals .

Ahoy there shipmates , American on the port bow .
Possible tidal wave .

As long as we all wish to see Americans morph into huge lumps of lard we should encourage them to drink as many so called energy drinks as they can afford to swill down their blowholes .
And lots of Pizza and lovely processed meals .

Ahoy there shipmates , American on the port bow .
Possible tidal wave .

It's all body chemistry. Even though I drink sugared energy drinks and eat as many carbs as I want, I'm still a pretty fit 180 pounds.

I've always considered them to be a bad idea.....Never had more than a taste myself. I had a guy that drank them pour me out a bit in a cup at hunt camp once.....Nope, tasted nasty.

That and what are kids in the UK doing with all that extra energy?.....Nothing that I can see. :dunno:

I've always considered them to be a bad idea.....Never had more than a taste myself. I had a guy that drank them pour me out a bit in a cup at hunt camp once.....Nope, tasted nasty.

That and what are kids in the UK doing with all that extra energy?.....Nothing that I can see. :dunno:

It takes a lot of energy to protest and riot. :laughing0301:

Yep, There was a guy at work who did not drink coffee but brought in a 2-litre Pepsi every day and usually had it killed after lunch......Now he wonders how he got the beetus.
We have too many people suffering with type 2 Diabetes because of prolonged consumption of sugared drinks.

Forum List

Back