Deadpool: Capitalism C++

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a capitalism-philosophy parable referencing the Pink Panther and Deadpool and inspired by the fortune-obsession films Ruthless People, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

Signing off,

====

Deadpool (America's favorite immortal superhero) surveyed the aftermath of World War III (a nuclear holocaust between America and North Korea) and decided to write a treatise on the violent repercussions of capitalism-based competitiveness in the real world (i.e., NATO, European Union, OPEC, Wall Street, etc.). Deadpool's treatise was of course based on the notion that cutthroat politics created scenarios where anarchy and violence reigned over values regarding democracy and peace. Cutthroat politics would surface in any system based on competitive economics in even negotiation conditions (e.g., World Bank).

"I've enjoyed being America's favorite superhero for so many years, but because I could not deter the tragedy of WWIII, I am choosing to retire and spend my twilight years writing memoirs about the consequences of contention, mayhem, and violence in the hope that the written word can help lift the spirit out of the shallows (or the abyss!) of complete self-destruction and politics-based devastation. Could America (and President Trump) have averted WWIII with more careful negotiations regarding South Korean trade-pacts to stabilize that region of the world and dissuade North Korea from engaging in such a fatalistic (and cataclysmic) battle? I'd like to at least believe that, but I am compelled now to ponder on the ramifications (the real cost) of capitalism-related contention --- pure violence.

Imagine that two young men named Steve and Stan, Dartmouth College students (who happen to be best friends!), are competing for the affections of a beautiful young woman named Eve (also a Dartmouth student!). One weekend in autumn, Steve and Stan are watching a marathon of Pink Panther films, which includes scenes in which the affable and clumsy comedy-evocative protagonist detective Inspector Clouseau has established elaborate pranks and booby-traps with his house-keeper and personal butler (an Asian man named Cato) so the two can 'practice' hand-to-hand engagements and martial-arts skills in the privacy of their shared home. As Clouseau and Cato wrestle and stir laughs, I think about how this silly and harmless 'competitive scenario' can be 'magnified' into a terrible violent consequence such as WWIII. This is the 'nature' of capitalism-theory.

Clouseau has a mouse-trap laid by his entrance door, so when Cato tries to run to the door to surprise the detective when he arrives home, Cato is 'greeted' by the shock of the mouse-trap. However, Cato notices the mouse-trap and instead lays it just inside the foyer. Clouseau walks in and expects Cato to be dealing with the mouse-trap but instead immediately notices that Cato has cunningly laid the mouse-trap just a few meters ahead (into the foyer). Clouseau picks up the mouse-trap and puts it down on the table by the foyer and walks into the kitchen where Cato is waiting for him.

CLOUSEAU: You found my mouse-trap!
CATO: You intended to injure me with it.
CLOUSEAU: As did you by placing it in the foyer.
CATO: We've caught each other this time...
CLOUSEAU: Next time, I will consider placing a buzzer.
CATO: To shock me?
CLOUSEAU: What else?
CATO: I might jump out of the closet instead with a neck-chop.
CLOUSEAU: I will throw you over my shoulder!
CATO: You will never predict it...
CLOUSEAU: We'll see, Cato. Competition breeds imagination.
CATO: Good lesson, sir. Competition also breeds bloodlust.
CLOUSEAU: Yes, Cato, and bloodlust can lead to cannibalism...
CATO: ...and decapitation and dismemberment!
CLOUSEAU: That is what the Arabs would do.
CATO: No 'part' of the body or the system is sacred...
CLOUSEAU: That is capitalism, Cato!
CATO: Perhaps we should admire the work of the dentist.
CLOUSEAU: Why?
CATO: A dentist patiently works on 'cosmetic sanity.'

Cato and Clouseau conclude (once again) that their 'competitive scenario' has yielded valuable insights regarding the impact of capitalism and cutthroat politics in the real world. Steve and Stan are moved by this 'vignette' and decide that their egotistical competition for the affections of Eve are tested (and perhaps even humbled) by the consideration that savage yearning for victory may yield terrible betrayals in friendship (e.g., WWIII). Steve and Stan decide to remain friends and forget about Eve (who ends up finding another beau --- a handsome Dartmouth student who ends up becoming an Olympic swimmer). The moral of the story is, 'Never underestimate what capitalism can do to cartilage, bone, sinews, and yes, even beauty'."

THE END.

====

deadpool.jpg

This is a capitalism-philosophy parable referencing the Pink Panther and Deadpool and inspired by the fortune-obsession films Ruthless People, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

Signing off,

====

Deadpool (America's favorite immortal superhero) surveyed the aftermath of World War III (a nuclear holocaust between America and North Korea) and decided to write a treatise on the violent repercussions of capitalism-based competitiveness in the real world (i.e., NATO, European Union, OPEC, Wall Street, etc.). Deadpool's treatise was of course based on the notion that cutthroat politics created scenarios where anarchy and violence reigned over values regarding democracy and peace. Cutthroat politics would surface in any system based on competitive economics in even negotiation conditions (e.g., World Bank).

"I've enjoyed being America's favorite superhero for so many years, but because I could not deter the tragedy of WWIII, I am choosing to retire and spend my twilight years writing memoirs about the consequences of contention, mayhem, and violence in the hope that the written word can help lift the spirit out of the shallows (or the abyss!) of complete self-destruction and politics-based devastation. Could America (and President Trump) have averted WWIII with more careful negotiations regarding South Korean trade-pacts to stabilize that region of the world and dissuade North Korea from engaging in such a fatalistic (and cataclysmic) battle? I'd like to at least believe that, but I am compelled now to ponder on the ramifications (the real cost) of capitalism-related contention --- pure violence.

Imagine that two young men named Steve and Stan, Dartmouth College students (who happen to be best friends!), are competing for the affections of a beautiful young woman named Eve (also a Dartmouth student!). One weekend in autumn, Steve and Stan are watching a marathon of Pink Panther films, which includes scenes in which the affable and clumsy comedy-evocative protagonist detective Inspector Clouseau has established elaborate pranks and booby-traps with his house-keeper and personal butler (an Asian man named Cato) so the two can 'practice' hand-to-hand engagements and martial-arts skills in the privacy of their shared home. As Clouseau and Cato wrestle and stir laughs, I think about how this silly and harmless 'competitive scenario' can be 'magnified' into a terrible violent consequence such as WWIII. This is the 'nature' of capitalism-theory.

Clouseau has a mouse-trap laid by his entrance door, so when Cato tries to run to the door to surprise the detective when he arrives home, Cato is 'greeted' by the shock of the mouse-trap. However, Cato notices the mouse-trap and instead lays it just inside the foyer. Clouseau walks in and expects Cato to be dealing with the mouse-trap but instead immediately notices that Cato has cunningly laid the mouse-trap just a few meters ahead (into the foyer). Clouseau picks up the mouse-trap and puts it down on the table by the foyer and walks into the kitchen where Cato is waiting for him.

CLOUSEAU: You found my mouse-trap!
CATO: You intended to injure me with it.
CLOUSEAU: As did you by placing it in the foyer.
CATO: We've caught each other this time...
CLOUSEAU: Next time, I will consider placing a buzzer.
CATO: To shock me?
CLOUSEAU: What else?
CATO: I might jump out of the closet instead with a neck-chop.
CLOUSEAU: I will throw you over my shoulder!
CATO: You will never predict it...
CLOUSEAU: We'll see, Cato. Competition breeds imagination.
CATO: Good lesson, sir. Competition also breeds bloodlust.
CLOUSEAU: Yes, Cato, and bloodlust can lead to cannibalism...
CATO: ...and decapitation and dismemberment!
CLOUSEAU: That is what the Arabs would do.
CATO: No 'part' of the body or the system is sacred...
CLOUSEAU: That is capitalism, Cato!
CATO: Perhaps we should admire the work of the dentist.
CLOUSEAU: Why?
CATO: A dentist patiently works on 'cosmetic sanity.'

Cato and Clouseau conclude (once again) that their 'competitive scenario' has yielded valuable insights regarding the impact of capitalism and cutthroat politics in the real world. Steve and Stan are moved by this 'vignette' and decide that their egotistical competition for the affections of Eve are tested (and perhaps even humbled) by the consideration that savage yearning for victory may yield terrible betrayals in friendship (e.g., WWIII). Steve and Stan decide to remain friends and forget about Eve (who ends up finding another beau --- a handsome Dartmouth student who ends up becoming an Olympic swimmer). The moral of the story is, 'Never underestimate what capitalism can do to cartilage, bone, sinews, and yes, even beauty'."

THE END.

====

View attachment 159939

^^^^ :confused-84:

Forum List

Back