deer proof fence ideas hints or whatever

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
had a doe and two fawns in garden today....and when i walked down ...i could see where the doe had bedded the fawns down...so suggestions of successful fences would be nice...with all the stats ....height of fence etc...electric or just angled? we are thinking of beginning by adding an electric to the existing fence and baiting it with peanut butter on foil....sounds a wee bit crazy

Just invite that hunter over that you were talking about, and tell him to hang out for a while.
BOOM BOOM BOOM problem solved.

no one is killing doe with fawns damn it.....but he is coming over today and we are asking his advice and you may refer to him in the future as my wildlife deer herd manager...thank you

no one is killing doe with fawns damn it.....but he is coming over today and we are asking his advice and you may refer to him in the future as my wildlife deer herd manager...thank you
it will solve the problem. And probably more humane than killing them by electric current :dunno:

had a doe and two fawns in garden today....and when i walked down ...i could see where the doe had bedded the fawns down...so suggestions of successful fences would be nice...with all the stats ....height of fence etc...electric or just angled? we are thinking of beginning by adding an electric to the existing fence and baiting it with peanut butter on foil....sounds a wee bit crazy
You could try motion activated claymores. Strap a canister of foo gas to the front of each one just to make sure.......... Ground, bbqed venison.......

I’m thinking something like this

images

You may even get Mexico to pay for it

Wait...you're going to BAIT them to electrocute themselves? Why, bones?

okay old...tn is joking the fence wont harm them....you put peanut butter on foil drap it on the wire...deer goes to lick it and gets a shock....deers are quick to learn to avoid that....no one is harming the deer...even my wildlife deer herd manager agrees to that....till he raises a trophy buck

we dont wanna wake every dog in the hollow.....my friggin dogs are just half ass into chasing the deer....i am trying to talk my hubby into another dog....he is not buying into it...

You want to electrocute the little deer?

we dont wanna wake every dog in the hollow.....my friggin dogs are just half ass into chasing the deer....i am trying to talk my hubby into another dog....he is not buying into it...
You'll want to watch getting them to chase deer, too. A friend had to put her dog down after it killed a deer. Warden came, she didn't argue either.

Concentrated Coyote Urine.

No kidding. They sell it at Agway. You mix it with water and spray it around.

It’s expensive but it seems to work.

Concentrated Coyote Urine.

No kidding. They sell it at Agway. You mix it with water and spray it around.

It’s expensive but it seems to work.

rains too much here to work...its has rained 3 times today and rain is expected for the rest of the week

Forum List

Back