Democrat Mayor: Residents Must ‘Sacrifice’ for Denver ‘to Be a Welcoming City’ for Illegals

Did the mayor lead by example by giving up a portion of his money and personal possessions to the illegals?

Did he let illegals live in his home with him?

What is he personally doing for the illegals is my question. And no, taking other people's money and money intended for other people to give to them isn't him helping, that's just passing it off onto others.

It would be even closer to Nazi Germany if the Mayor just informed the people that their necessary 'sacrifice' to be 'welcoming' would include assignment of X number of illegals to each Denver household and the homeowners would be required to give them a bed, food, transportation, and whatever else they wanted/needed.

I think if that happened we would see a very quick resolution to the whole problem. :)

It would be resolved for me because I'd either be in prison for not letting them in, I'd be dead because the cops showed up after I killed any intruders forced upon me, or I'd be homeless and move because I put a match to my house before I let anyone invade my home.

I'd give all my money to my wife and force her to go somewhere with our stuff and I'd die before someone took my home from me.

Did the mayor lead by example by giving up a portion of his money and personal possessions to the illegals?

What is he personally doing for the illegals is my question. And no, taking other people's money and money intended for other people to give to them isn't him helping, that's just passing it off onto others.

It would be resolved for me because I'd either be in prison for not letting them in, I'd be dead because the cops showed up after I killed any intruders forced upon me, or I'd be homeless and move because I put a match to my house before I let anyone invade my home.

I'd give all my money to my wife and force her to go somewhere with our stuff and I'd die before someone took my home from me.
That's easy to say but when the choice is submitting to a tyrannical government or having your loved ones suffer more by challenging or resisting it, it usually isn't quite so cut and dried. It's much easier to be brave when you think it won't happen than it is when it is happening.

Sometimes a major weakness of honorable people is not only their inability to set aside differences and work together for a cause, but it is their reluctance to do the right thing when it will likely make things worse for other innocent people. It sometimes becomes a Catch 22.

Example: raise the debt ceiling or shut down the government which always causes pain to many and ultimately costs much more?

Example: Fund the Ukraine without accountability or refuse and pull the rug out from under Israel?

Example: Allow the invasion or shoot them?

Example: Accept government totalitarianism or have your family lose everything?

These are not easy questions for people who, if they can't do the ideal/right thing must choose to do the least damaging thing.

That's easy to say but when the choice is submitting to a tyrannical government or having your loved ones suffer more by challenging or resisting it, it usually isn't quite so cut and dried. It's much easier to be brave when you think it won't happen than it is when it is happening.

Sometimes a major weakness of honorable people is not only their inability to set aside differences and work together for a cause, but it is their reluctance to do the right thing when it will likely make things worse for other innocent people. It sometimes becomes a Catch 22.

Example: raise the debt ceiling or shut down the government which always causes pain to many and ultimately costs much more?

Example: Fund the Ukraine without accountability or refuse and pull the rug out from under Israel?

Example: Allow the invasion or shoot them?

Example: Accept government totalitarianism or have your family lose everything?

These are not easy questions for people who, if they can't do the ideal/right thing must choose to do the least damaging thing.

I have no idea what you were trying to convey there.

I doubt it. He wants YOU to do that, not him.

He seems to forget that people have a choice as to whether or not they want to stay. The end result will be the drop in real estate values, The flight of hard working tax paying citizens, and the growing sense of entitlement from an illegals community that did not work their way in properly. They can bring lots of votes with them but they can't bring tax revenue.
No. They can't assimilate either.

Forum List

Back