Dems plan 52 investigations when they take back the House

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Gonna be fun watching the unraveling of our resident Oranglings when the subpoenas begin to fly! :)

Democratic members on the committee have asked the Republican majority to issue subpoenas related to the administration’s conduct 52 times during the first 20 months of Donald Trump’s presidency. Republicans turned down each of those 52 requests. If Democrats held the committee gavel, the subpoenas would be approved.

Vigorous use of the subpoena power, which was granted to Congress to oversee the executive branch, could bring real attention to the many stories of inept governance, malicious policy and outright corruption that seem to bubble up as brief controversies, only to sink under the flood of the president’s Twitter froth.​

Here Are The 52 Trump Investigations That Democrats Plan If They Win The Midterms | HuffPost

Gonna be fun watching the unraveling of our resident Oranglings when the subpoenas begin to fly! :)

Democratic members on the committee have asked the Republican majority to issue subpoenas related to the administration’s conduct 52 times during the first 20 months of Donald Trump’s presidency. Republicans turned down each of those 52 requests. If Democrats held the committee gavel, the subpoenas would be approved.

Vigorous use of the subpoena power, which was granted to Congress to oversee the executive branch, could bring real attention to the many stories of inept governance, malicious policy and outright corruption that seem to bubble up as brief controversies, only to sink under the flood of the president’s Twitter froth.​

Here Are The 52 Trump Investigations That Democrats Plan If They Win The Midterms | HuffPost
Huffington Post...

4 th thread on this in a week, the OP is a drama queen attention whore ...

Last edited:

I wish to Christ these guys would get back to creating legislation rather than investigations. Do they need a little retraining on why they are there?
Immigration reform would be nice, guys, if you've got nothing better to do than follow each other around with a magnifying glass.
GET TO WORK.

I wish to Christ these guys would get back to creating legislation rather than investigations. Do they need a little retraining on why they are there?
Immigration reform would be nice, guys, if you've got nothing better to do than follow each other around with a magnifying glass.
GET TO WORK.

Fair enough but this congress is failing in their oversight duties of a runaway POTUS.
I think they can probably walk and chew gum at the same time.

First, Putin and Trump are looking to wipe democrat off the map in the midterms. Second, even if, in some alternate reality, dems "take back the house"

Executive Privilege. Rinse. Lather. Repeat

Yes, "fun" is just how I would describe a bunch of crooked lying sleazebags grandstanding in front of the cameras and wasting millions more of our tax dollars and resources on witch hunts that will likely yield little to no results all because their girl didn't win the White House.

I'm not the slightest bit surprised you would find that "fun."

GET TO WORK.

Fair enough but this congress is failing in their oversight duties of a runaway POTUS.

I really had hopes of that happening when Harry Reid retired....

alas and alack

Yes, "fun" is just how I would describe a bunch of crooked lying sleazebags grandstanding in front of the cameras and wasting millions more of our tax dollars and resources on witch hunts that will likely yield little to no results all because their girl didn't win the White House.

You don't believe in congressional oversight of the executive branch?
It is one of their primary responsibilities.

I think Trump is a horrible human being and a waste of oxygen, but this seems like a huge waste of time. Democrats need to shut up and get other things done, unless they have indisputable proof.

We have more important things to worry about than Trump being a narcissistic asshole.

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
  1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Huffington Post...

Correction....TheHuffingPaintPost.

/—-/ Yeah because doing legislation to improve the economic and national security is beyond democRATs ability. But investigations are fun.

Last edited:
I think Trump is a horrible human being and a waste of oxygen, but this seems like a huge waste of time. Democrats need to shut up and get other things done, unless they have indisputable proof.

We have more important things to worry about than Trump being a narcissistic asshole.

True but as was said of Churchill He's our bloody bastard.

Current House Oversight Committee Members

Republican - 23
Democrat - 18

Rotsa Ruck

Forum List

Back