Despite rise In popularity, WNBA to lose $50 million this year

How much money do these sports owners think we have? It used to be just the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB. Now they've added MLS, WNBA, PWHL, and NWSL. Do they think we can afford tickets for all these additional games being played?

How much money do these sports owners think we have? It used to be just the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB. Now they've added MLS, WNBA, PWHL, and NWSL. Do they think we can afford tickets for all these additional games being played?
People have plenty of money to spend on sports, they just choose to spend it on the best athletes playing them in establishments leagues, like men’s NBA, NFL, MLB, or NHL

Woke folk are angry at this, and demand us normal sports watching folk amend our choices or else we’re all sexist and racist (they always throw race in there too)

I wish some sports journalists and angry WNBA players would acknowledge that they would be working a regular job if daddy (The NBA) wasn’t bankrolling their existence.

Nobody cares about the WNBA. They never did.

We used to have season tickets to the Fever but now there is no WNBA team near us, but it was a fun product, I love the scrappy play, it reminds me of the old NBA.

Who wants to watch mostly black lesbians play basketball at a speed slower than boys HS teams?

I'm calling BS on the ratings, same as I did in the 1980's when the ratings were claiming 50% of all households were watching Cosby. They eventually dropped that number way down, dropping it twice in fact. It cost other shows at that time a lot of advertising money, and impacted other shows on other networks adversely, such as lead ins, and after Cosby.

The farce:

An estimated 62 million people tuned in every Thursday night during the early years of the show's run.

Closer to reality but still too high:

In its best season, The Cosby Show averaged 30 million viewers a week.

1718841702219.png

I don't watch NBA either. I was unaware the WNBA was a money loser. The salaries are low. I figured they had to be for the league not to lose money.

The stadiums are expensive for upkeep. The stadiums need revenue from the fans when they play in them. Smaller more economical run venues would help. Taxpayers and cable subscribers subsidize a lot of sports and has caused the massive increases in salaries and has taken some enjoyment from watching the games.

Forum List

Back