DHL Pack Station Email Scam

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
If you get a very official looking email from DHL Pack Station, informing you that a shipping label has been created for a purchase you made a short time ago, do NOT click on the link in the email that invites you to "Get Shipment Information." If you do, you wil be screwed. It's a fraudulent email designed to mess up your email setup, computer, and/or your life in general.

It is very inviting. It LOOKS legit. You think, "Golly, I don't remember ordering anything with this outfit. I'd better check and see what they are claiming I bought." That's precisely what the hackers want you to think.

DON'T DO IT.

DHL Pack Station is a totally legitimate organization. This email is not. I made phone contact with DHL Pack Station and they confirmed my suspicions, saying that they have received numerous complaints and it is a fraudulent email. They are trying to catch the perps.

Last edited:
Good tip. The criminals are getting more sophisticated than the old scam of "a nigerian man died leaving a million dollars and you have been selected...etc".

DHL is still in business?

Wow...

Sure they are still in business - very much so. What would make you think they had gone out of business? They are a very good company, right up there with FedEx and OOOPS.

Forum List

Back