DHS Prepares for Nov 1 as Food Stamps Are Reduced

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Take this for what it's worth. DHS spending 80 million to protect IRS buildings in New York
Lock and load

Smoke em if you got em

-Geaux

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/food-stamp-benefits-going-down-holidays-8C11418632

Millions of American families could face a sparse holiday table when food stamps benefits get reduced in November, and that could be just the start of deeper cuts to the program to feed poor families.

The modern-day food stamp plan, now called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, is scheduled to scale back benefits for all recipients on Nov. 1 because a recession-era boost in benefits is expiring.

The cut comes as lawmakers also are considering billions of dollars of reductions to the overall SNAP program, which has grown substantially in recent years amid the weak economy and high unemployment.

The program is now serving more than 23 million households, or nearly 48 million people, according to the most recent government data through June. The USDA says the average monthly benefit is about $275 per household.

FOX News Covuto

[youtube]FErAmyZD9yM#t=23[/youtube]

Last edited:
We're ready, is the Government ready?

This is starting to add up. DHS purchasing large quantities of ammo. Even bird shot and 7.62x.39 stuff. maybe the start of a slow bleed here.

-Geaux

Right now, the only thing I can buy is birdshot. I feel sorry for the fucks that will have to suffer a long painful death by birdshot by my AA-12

Oh right, birdshot if the perfect round in the AA-12

What this nation needs to do is
1. Invest and reform education
2. Make a fair tax structure that allows people to go from the poor to the middle class. The rich have about as good as we could possibly give them.

What this nation needs to do is
1. Invest and reform education

We're already spending more than any other country (per capita) on education.

And the intended result is working:

Churning out Progressives who can't think for themselves.

From what I can tell you guys are getting all riled up about a solicitation by DHS for information so they can plan a future acquisition strategy for providing security for federal buildings in upstate NY via contractor.

The solicitation being referenced by all the omg websites is here: https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...8c69d7a15839050e21b05&tab=core&tabmode=list&=

Providing security for federal buildings is part of their job, I'm not sure how this is being tied to some expected civil unrest on November 1st. It isn't even taking bids on the job, it clearly states:

This Sources Sought Notice is issued for informational and planning purposes only. This is not a Request for Proposal, a Request for Quotation, or an Invitation for Bid. It is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government to issue a Solicitation or ultimately award a Contract for the items contained in the Sources Sought. In addition, the Government is under no obligation to pay for information submitted in response to this Sources Sought, and responses to this notice cannot be accepted as offers.

From what I can tell you guys are getting all riled up about a solicitation by DHS for information so they can plan a future acquisition strategy for providing security for federal buildings in upstate NY via contractor.

The solicitation being referenced by all the omg websites is here: https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...8c69d7a15839050e21b05&tab=core&tabmode=list&=

Providing security for federal buildings is part of their job, I'm not sure how this is being tied to some expected civil unrest on November 1st. It isn't even taking bids on the job, it clearly states:

This Sources Sought Notice is issued for informational and planning purposes only. This is not a Request for Proposal, a Request for Quotation, or an Invitation for Bid. It is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government to issue a Solicitation or ultimately award a Contract for the items contained in the Sources Sought. In addition, the Government is under no obligation to pay for information submitted in response to this Sources Sought, and responses to this notice cannot be accepted as offers.

Ah now, don't go and interfere with the wingnuts daydreams of Rambo style revolution with real information and facts. They are far more comfortable with their looney tune interpretation.

Ah now, don't go and interfere with the wingnuts daydreams of Rambo style revolution with real information and facts. They are far more comfortable with their looney tune interpretation.

So you believe that those who depend on the dealer, I mean the government, to provide them food stamps will not take issue with the gradual reduction in pay?

Please advise

-Geaux

So you believe that those who depend on the dealer, I mean the government, to provide them food stamps will not take issue with the gradual reduction in pay?
I'm assuming they will. I've never been on food stamps but I'd assume if the amount I received suddenly went down by $25 (or whatever it is) I'd take issue with it and be pissed off.

Would I go storm the nearest fed building? Nope. I'd probably grumble some.

Does people taking issue with it mean an information gathering solitication for contractor security around buildings in upstate New York is DHS preparing for Nov 1? Nope.

You know how slow and inefficient a huge govt organization like DHS works, if the contractor costs they gather from this solicitation seemed workable in their plan and they then put a solicitation for actual bids out and implemented, it would probably already be 2015. If this is to deal with food stamp violence on Nov 1 why would the bid be for buildings in upstate NY?

It makes no sense.

I'm assuming they will. I've never been on food stamps but I'd assume if the amount I received suddenly went down by $25 (or whatever it is) I'd take issue with it and be pissed off.

Would I go storm the nearest fed building? Nope. I'd probably grumble some.

Does people taking issue with it mean an information gathering solitication for contractor security around buildings in upstate New York is DHS preparing for Nov 1? Nope.

You know how slow and inefficient a huge govt organization like DHS works, if the contractor costs they gather from this solicitation seemed workable in their plan and they then put a solicitation for actual bids out and implemented, it would probably already be 2015. If this is to deal with food stamp violence on Nov 1 why would the bid be for buildings in upstate NY?

It makes no sense.

This was a drastic breakdown, but you can see how passionate folks get

-Geaux

[youtube]VW-0xJb_FM4[/youtube]

Last edited:
Its a 5% reduction! Seriously people are gonna freak out over a 5% reduction? That's what I read in my local paper yesterday anyways...I get FS (mine as well illegals get them why not citizens) and we won't be freaking out over 5% reduction will just make ends meet with what we have...christ sakes...we know WHO is going to freak out and go crazy,the usual suspects.I just did the math it would reduce ours by 39$ not a big deal...few meals yes just have to make things stretch farther and good thing we have a small stockpile for when SHTF.

Its a 5% reduction! Seriously people are gonna freak out over a 5% reduction? That's what I read in my local paper yesterday anyways...I get FS (mine as well illegals get them why not citizens) and we won't be freaking out over 5% reduction will just make ends meet with what we have...christ sakes...we know WHO is going to freak out and go crazy,the usual suspects.I just did the math it would reduce ours by 39$ not a big deal...few meals yes just have to make things stretch farther and good thing we have a small stockpile for when SHTF.

Did you read the NBC news link provided? For some, it will be a little over 7% decrease.

From the link-----He said the bigger issue is the debate in Congress over whether, and how much, the SNAP program could be cut in years to come. The House of Representatives passed a bill in mid-September that would eliminate about $39 billion from the SNAP budget over 10 years, while the Senate has approved a bill that makes much smaller cuts to the program.

The exact reduction depends on the recipients’ situation, but a family of four with no other changes in circumstances will receive $36 less per month, according to the USDA. At today's average prices, that translates to four fewer whole chickens each month.

Take this for what it's worth. DHS spending 80 million to protect IRS buildings in New York
Lock and load

Smoke em if you got em

-Geaux

Food stamp benefits going down before the holidays - NBC News.com

Millions of American families could face a sparse holiday table when food stamps benefits get reduced in November, and that could be just the start of deeper cuts to the program to feed poor families.

The modern-day food stamp plan, now called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, is scheduled to scale back benefits for all recipients on Nov. 1 because a recession-era boost in benefits is expiring.

The cut comes as lawmakers also are considering billions of dollars of reductions to the overall SNAP program, which has grown substantially in recent years amid the weak economy and high unemployment.

The program is now serving more than 23 million households, or nearly 48 million people, according to the most recent government data through June. The USDA says the average monthly benefit is about $275 per household.

FOX News Covuto

will they riot over 36 bucks

Did you read the NBC news link provided? For some, it will be a little over 7% decrease.

From the link-----He said the bigger issue is the debate in Congress over whether, and how much, the SNAP program could be cut in years to come. The House of Representatives passed a bill in mid-September that would eliminate about $39 billion from the SNAP budget over 10 years, while the Senate has approved a bill that makes much smaller cuts to the program.

The exact reduction depends on the recipients’ situation, but a family of four with no other changes in circumstances will receive $36 less per month, according to the USDA. At today's average prices, that translates to four fewer whole chickens each month.
Ah....still not like they are cutting it all off. That happened we would starve to death. Then I could understand to riot but not over a small cut.
Lock and load

Smoke em if you got em

-Geaux

Food stamp benefits going down before the holidays - NBC News.com

FOX News Covuto

will they riot over 36 bucks
yes. Blacks will.

Forum List

Back