Did a fat contract end the career of Colin Kapaernick?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
After a great 2013 season and a strong Super bowl 47 appearance, Kapaernick secured a $126 million dollar contract that included $61 million in guarantees. Beginning in 2014 his attitude changed, his work ethic diminished and defenses figured him out. In 2014, The 49ers finished 30th in the league in passing! Ouch! Two seasons after his MVP level season, he was a bench warmer behind some dude named Blaine Gabbert. WTH? Was that the most stunning collapse of any QB in history? I think so. Guess who's fault that was? No, not the police. No, not the flag. No, not White people. Yep Colin, it was all you.

There are reasons why no NFL team has signed him even today personally I don't think he even cares about playing in the NFL anymore. It seems to me he likes playing the victim on that front and if a team did sign he would be more interested in using it as a platform to push his political and social agenda than actually helping the team win.

After a great 2013 season and a strong Super bowl 47 appearance, Kapaernick secured a $126 million dollar contract that included $61 million in guarantees. Beginning in 2014 his attitude changed, his work ethic diminished and defenses figured him out. In 2014, The 49ers finished 30th in the league in passing! Ouch! Two seasons after his MVP level season, he was a bench warmer behind some dude named Blaine Gabbert. WTH? Was that the most stunning collapse of any QB in history? I think so. Guess who's fault that was? No, not the police. No, not the flag. No, not White people. Yep Colin, it was all you.

I'm sure sitting on the bench behind the whitest of the white Blaine Gabbert punched him in his black soul.
Hell,I'd be embarrassed to play behind Gabbert!!

There are reasons why no NFL team has signed him even today personally I don't think he even cares about playing in the NFL anymore. It seems to me he likes playing the victim on that front and if a team did sign he would be more interested in using it as a platform to push his political and social agenda than actually helping the team win.
Of course he wants to play the victim, that helps him in his new career as a Social Justice Warrior. The pay is great, all you have to do is run your mouth, the career is long and you don't get smashed by 300 pound lineman.

I think you're right about some of that. There is a reason he went to college in Nevada instead of a school in a major conference. He probably wasn't that good a QB to start with.

As for the politics; none of that matters really.

What did him in was the fact he could never learn to read a defense and could not check off from his primary receiver.

It probably didn't help that he has an Islamist bitch girlfriend filling his stupid head with anti-American bullshit, either.

He always had a weird sidearm delivery, but yes, this fall from grace athletically was huge.

What did him in was the fact he could never learn to read a defense and could not check off from his primary receiver.

It probably didn't help that he has an Islamist bitch girlfriend filling his stupid head with anti-American bullshit, either.
Yes I agree. I also think the contract demotivated him to work hard to adapt. He was a lazy, one trick pony with a strong arm and speed. From near Super Bowl winner to 30th in the league in passing, wow.

Yes I agree. I also think the contract demotivated him to work hard to adapt. He was a lazy, one trick pony with a strong arm and speed. From near Super Bowl winner to 30th in the league in passing, wow.
YEP.

If Jim Harbaugh can't fix a quarterback that quarterback can't be fixed.

Forum List

Back