Did ABC deliberately make Catholics look bad?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
ABC's program "Military Wives" have ten major characters, none of express much interest in religion.

In an episode about a wife beater, the wife beater is shown having a temper tantrum and beating his wife.

During that scene, a crucifix is prominently featured on the wall behind the wife abuser.

Coincidence? Or is ABC taking a cheap shot at Catholics?

??

There are Protestants that hang crucifices to their walls.

How do you know they were Catholic?

I got the message. Catholic men are wife beaters.

It's a message of opposition to traditional role models in the family.

ABC's program "Military Wives" have ten major characters, none of express much interest in religion.

In an episode about a wife beater, the wife beater is shown having a temper tantrum and beating his wife.

During that scene, a crucifix is prominently featured on the wall behind the wife abuser.

Neither.

It's a ridiculous contrivance on your part.

I really do not see how you come to that conclusion.
Either that the family is Catholic or that Catholic men beat their wives.

There is way too much generalization in your assessment.

I didn't know they had a show called Military Wives. I thought there was one called Army Wives. Either way, I think you may be overly sensitive. For several years there were high profile cases of spousal abuse, murders, and murder-suicides and that was probably what the tv show was attempting to address.

You looking for reasons to be offended?
You could interpret it that way. Personally, I think the poster is right. It's just another despicable way to make Catholicism look like nothing more than a bunch of mean spirited hypocrites hiding in pews.

I am guessing where or how a crucifix is used or displayed does not bother you much? If so, then do not be surprised we have serious differences. God is very real and some of us take His Word very seriously. Galations 6:7 "Do not be deceived, God is not to be mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap."

Neither.

Sure, whatever. We already know the mantras of the media and entertainment media in this “culture” of ours --- i.e., sex is king, in any form, denying gays to marry is our greatest sin, pro-lifers are bigots, no proof of God anywhere, the Christian God is mean and should be eradicated totally, money rules, who cares what happens when you die, I’m Ok, you’re Ok, kids need to know everything we can possibly tell them about sex and gays and intercourse at the youngest of ages --- and more stuff like that.

So of course ABC is on board and this Catholic mocking and bashing show is just humor, so what? Plus it delivers a healthy message to America how hypocritical Catholics are, they are just as sinful and perverted as anyone and their faith is a sham. So let us hire Dan Savage, that champion for the common good, to make this other program that represents religion people for us (The Real O'Neals). Below is a snippet of the well-liked and media darling Dan Savage.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/03/31/disneyabc-glorify-x-rated-bully-dan-savage-in-prime-time-sitcom/

“Disney ABC’s decision to effectively advance Dan Savage’s calls for violence against conservatives and his extremist attacks against people of faith, particularly evangelicals and Catholics, is appalling and outrageous,” Bozell said in a statement. “If hate speech were a crime, this man would be charged with a felony.

Savage’s numerous outbursts are a matter of public record and include saying that he sometimes thinks about “fucking the shit out of” Senator Rick Santorum, calling for Christians at a high school conference to “ignore the bullshit in the Bible,” saying that “Carl Romanelli should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there’s nothing left but the rope,” and challenging Dr. Ben Carson to perform oral sex on him.

Last edited:

Neither.

Sure, whatever. We already know the mantras of the media and entertainment media in this “culture” of ours --- i.e., sex is king, in any form, denying gays to marry is our greatest sin, pro-lifers are bigots, no proof of God anywhere, the Christian God is mean and should be eradicated totally, money rules, who cares what happens when you die, I’m Ok, you’re Ok, kids need to know everything we can possibly tell them about sex and gays and intercourse at the youngest of ages --- and more stuff like that.

So of course ABC is on board and this Catholic mocking and bashing show is just humor, so what? Plus it delivers a healthy message to America how hypocritical Catholics are, they are just as sinful and perverted as anyone and their faith is a sham. So let us hire Dan Savage, that champion for the common good, to make this other program that represents religion people for us (The Real O'Neals). Below is a snippet of the well-liked and media darling Dan Savage.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/03/31/disneyabc-glorify-x-rated-bully-dan-savage-in-prime-time-sitcom/

“Disney ABC’s decision to effectively advance Dan Savage’s calls for violence against conservatives and his extremist attacks against people of faith, particularly evangelicals and Catholics, is appalling and outrageous,” Bozell said in a statement. “If hate speech were a crime, this man would be charged with a felony.

Savage’s numerous outbursts are a matter of public record and include saying that he sometimes thinks about “fucking the shit out of” Senator Rick Santorum, calling for Christians at a high school conference to “ignore the bullshit in the Bible,” saying that “Carl Romanelli should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there’s nothing left but the rope,” and challenging Dr. Ben Carson to perform oral sex on him.

I was just reading about that show. I have not seen it. TBH, I don't pay attention to Dan Savage.

But the original OP and spousal abuse:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/15/us/15vets.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

High risk of military domestic violence on the home front - SFGate

WOW! I think you are going a little overboard with that one. I agree with Bodecea....I think you are looking for a reason to be pissed and having to reach pretty far to get it done.

Forum List

Back