Did Oprah Just Pull The 'Gender' Card or Blame Her DNA for Not Speaking Out About Abuse of Women?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
'Oprah Winfrey in an interview appeared to dismiss speculation on a potential 2020 presidential run, saying she does not have the DNA to launch a bid for the White House.

"I’ve always felt very secure and confident with myself in knowing what I could do and what I could not. And so it’s not something that interests me. I don’t have the DNA for it"

Desire to succeed is not in one's DNA...So did she just pull the 'Gender' card as an excuse not to run for President?

'Speculation that Winfrey would launch a 2020 bid reached a fever pitch earlier this month after the celebrity delivered a stirring speech addressing the "Me Too" and "Times Up" movements at the Golden Globes.

“For too long, women have not been heard or believed if they dared to speak their truth to the power of those men,” Winfrey said while accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award at the ceremony. “But their time is up. Their time is up!”

So Oprah accepted a Hollywood award ... for keeping her mouth shut during decades of sexual abuse of women and sexual misconduct by pigs like Harvey Weinstein (?) and took the opportunity to lecture all of America. SHE basically admits she was one of those women who dared not speak.... Does she blame her DNA for that, too?

Oprah on 2020 presidential run: ‘I don’t have the DNA for it’

Forum List

Back