🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Disabled Mother, Daughter, Perish in Tel Aviv Blaze

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Fire broke out in an apartment on Arlozorov Street. Two women, aged about 60 and 40, are dead.

Two disabled women, a mother and daughter aged about 60 and 40, died Sunday night in a fire in a Tel Aviv apartment building.

Firefighting crews broke into a burning apartment on Arlozorov Street in north-central Tel Aviv, and put out the flames. They then discovered the two female bodies.

After an initial investigation, the fire crews believe that the disabilities of the two women made it impossible for them to escape in time or alert help.

44651540100297408258no.jpg

Disabled Mother, Daughter, Die in Tel Aviv Blaze - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

s3560.gif

Fire broke out in an apartment on Arlozorov Street. Two women, aged about 60 and 40, are dead.

Two disabled women, a mother and daughter aged about 60 and 40, died Sunday night in a fire in a Tel Aviv apartment building.

Firefighting crews broke into a burning apartment on Arlozorov Street in north-central Tel Aviv, and put out the flames. They then discovered the two female bodies.

After an initial investigation, the fire crews believe that the disabilities of the two women made it impossible for them to escape in time or alert help.

Disabled Mother, Daughter, Die in Tel Aviv Blaze - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

s3560.gif

that's sad.

what are the disability laws in israel. in the USA, i think we really do a pretty good job. but a lot of age related disabilities and solutions slip through the cracks.

it wasn't always like that.

i remember coaching a baseball team with disabled kids on it at my kids school. the annual teacher/5th grader game was up. the teachers always won. it was cool though. the kids won that year, with me telling the blind right fielder where to move and throw...and she got a couple of hits because i said "swing high.........NOW and her pinch runner took off...and yelling at the deaf kid "RUN!!! run run run!!! when he hit the ball and he just looked at me like i was crazy until i just started pointing and waving at the base.

sometimes i get too excited.

s3560.gif

that's sad.

what are the disability laws in israel. in the USA, i think we really do a pretty good job. but a lot of age related disabilities and solutions slip through the cracks.

i remember coaching a baseball team with disabled kids on it at my kids school. the annual teacher/5th grader game was up. the teachers always won. it was cool though. the kids won that year, with me telling the blind right fielder where to move and throw...and she got a couple of hits because i said "swing high.........NOW and her pinch runner took off...and yelling at the deaf kid "RUN!!! run run run!!! when he hit the ball and he just looked at me like i was crazy until i just started pointing and waving at the base.

It's not about the disability laws, more about the mattress not complying with regulations. The mattress were apperently made of flammable materialsm which is against the instructions of the Israeli "Standards Institute". People are not aware that when buying beds or blankets or mattress, they need to be sure that it's Incombustible material before buying it.

They died in their sleep less than 1 minute after the lamp fell on the blankets, from smoke, so the fact that they were disabled didn't matter much, even a healthy person could not have survived this sad situation.

s3560.gif

that's sad.

It's not about the disability laws, more about the mattress not complying with regulations. The mattress were apperently made of flammable materialsm which is against the instructions of the Israeli "Standards Institute". People are not aware that when buying beds or blankets or mattress, they need to be sure that it's Incombustible material before buying it.

They died in their sleep less than 1 minute after the lamp fell on the blankets, from smoke, so the fact that they were disabled didn't matter much, even a healthy person could not have survived this sad situation.

consumer safety and protection os really strange. i think the USA probably has the best regs in the worldd, but sometimes we take it do far.

i worked a little bit with labor and industries in my state and they had this thing called acceptable risk and it actually did make a lot of sense but i took a lot of heat for it because i represented workers and labor was totally opposed to the concept.

it was heavey industry. people die. that is the reason people who drive dynamite trucks down mountain roads make more money than dog walkers.

i guess it worked out for me as someone figured i would be good at arbitration.

whoever that matress came rom should be fined or charged with a crime if it is an israeli manufacturer or wholesaler/retailer. something like that is not an acceptable risk. no one need die like that.

that's sad.

consumer safety and protection os really strange. i think the USA probably has the best regs in the worldd, but sometimes we take it do far.

i worked a little bit with labor and industries in my state and they had this thing called acceptable risk and it actually did make a lot of sense but i took a lot of heat for it because i represented workers and labor was totally opposed to the concept.

it was heavey industry. people die. that is the reason people who drive dynamite trucks down mountain roads make more money than dog walkers.

whoever that matress came rom should be fined or charged with a crime if it is an israeli manufacturer or wholesaler/retailer. something like that is not an acceptable risk. no one need die like that.

Personally I'll rather have it taken "too far" than have to burry family of friends, con't you think? But I think I get what you mean.

Once we had a toddler in the family taken to the hospital because of a toy not passing the standards, and well, its just was one example out of thousands.

I guess it indeed harder for people who has to stand on a different side and suffer all the "rife", mhmmm.

Personally I'll rather have it taken "too far" than have to burry family of friends, con't you think? But I think I get what you mean.

Once we had a toddler in the family taken to the hospital because of a toy not passing the standards, and well, its just was one example out of thousands.

I guess it indeed harder for people who has to stand on a different side and suffer all the "rife", mhmmm.

it is always a hard call. it may sound callous but it isn't. sometimes the cost of an ideally safe work environment which translates into lost jobs, lower wages, and all kinds of other things.

also, manufacturers can't prevent stupidity. it is a mess, really. my job was really dangerous.

product safety is an entirely different matter. there really is very little need for the continued production of a defective product, or a poorly designed product.

Forum List

Back