DNA Reasearch companies

lg325

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2020
Florida's Past
A review of the top 3 companies without mentioning their names.

Of the top Three I entered my DNA to I got totally different reports from each so my recommendation is do not take reports you receive as hard core truth. I know some folks may get upset from these reports and may cause trouble in the family but only take them as an in general report. I have taken test from the same company more than once and got a different report on each.

Of the top Three I entered my DNA to I got totally different reports from each so my recommendation is do not take reports you receive as hard core truth. I know some folks may get upset from these reports and may cause trouble in the family but only take them as an in general report. I have taken test from the same company more than once and got a different report on each.
I will never send my DNA to any of these companies. I don't want any young surprises showing up on my doorstep. LOL

I've often wondered about that. I've been tempted to send my DNA to all those companies to see if I get identical results. I suspect I wouldn't, but I'm not letting anyone have my DNA.

My wife did one of those and found out she had a half sister she never knew about. They meet up once or twice a year now. Her half sister looks exactly like their mutual mother, so there is no doubt they are siblings.

So I guess there is some pretty good accuracy to these things after all.

I recall some criminals have been caught with these commercial tests, too.

DNA from a crime scene matches up with a relative of the bad guy and presto!

I don't mail my DNA to anyone.
Ditto.

I recently joined the Million Veteran Program, answered a bazillion questions on some surveys, and then they asked for my DNA and sent me a kit.

They told me if I didn't do it, they would disenroll me from the MVP. So go ahead and disenroll me, I told them.

My sister submitted her DNA to a different company than the one I did and our results were identical, so don't believe everything you hear on some chat forum.

One DNA test had my DNA for American southeastern tribes at 10%

The other had it a more broad across the Western Hemisphere at 0.02 %
So my advice to is to take the information as general information .
One had me related to a Austrian Baron the other to Hungarian Royalty The Austrian wasn't mentioned.
One no American was mentioned the other had me directly related to Alexander Hamilton.
So my advice to others is use these as a guide to your past and not hard truth. Don't break up your family over these test.

Forum List

Back