Do Nuclear Weapons Provide Regional Security?

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
The cold war are examples of how much regional instability it caused. Due to the presence of nuclear weapons in one country,other countries feel threatened and thus leading to a brutal arms race between the two.Therefore i do believe the nuclear weapons are a threat to both regional and world peace.

One big reason we haven't been in another world war with major nation against major nation. Look at the 17th, 18th, 19th and into the 20th century! There's were groups of nations going at each other but nuclear bombs ended that. Brought peace.

One big reason we haven't been in another world war with major nation against major nation. Look at the 17th, 18th, 19th and into the 20th century! There's were groups of nations going at each other but nuclear bombs ended that. Brought peace.

I don't know, it looks like little Kim is going off the deep end this time.

Nothing more than a yappy poodle, just like his dad.

his dad and grand dad was great at it, this kid has a problem.

his dad and grand dad was great at it, this kid has a problem.

His only job, is to make sure his people stay isolated, and stuck in the 19th century. He's doing a fine job.

Question: What would the earth look like now had Germany and Japan developed the nuclear bomb first? Ya fucking right!
Question: What would the ME look like today had Iran developed the nuclear bomb before Israel did? Ya fucking right!

Name one nation that has been invaded since they acquired nukes. The ONLY reason North Korea has lasted this long is because they have nukes. There would have been a war after they sunk that South Korean sub a couple years ago, but they have nukes, so no war.

Putin lettin' ISIS know nothing is off the table...

Putin says he hopes Russia never needs to use nukes against Islamic State
Dec. 9, 2015 - "I hope we will never need it," Putin said of using nuclear weapons against terrorists.
President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin on Wednesday indicated that nothing is off the table when it comes to fighting Islamic State terrorists -- including the prospect of digging into Moscow's nuclear arsenal. During a discussion with Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, broadcast by the state-sponsored RT news agency, Putin said the nation must use whatever means possible to defeat militants determined to wreak havoc in their jihad against the world. "We certainly need to analyze everything that is happening on the battlefield," Putin said before citing rockets in Russia's arsenal. "These are new, modern and highly effective high-precision weapons that can be equipped either with conventional or special nuclear warheads." "Naturally, we do not need that in fighting terrorists, and I hope we will never need it," he continued. "But overall, this speaks to our significant progress in terms of improving weaponry."

Putin's remarks come amid repeated airstrikes by Moscow against terror targets in Syria, first launched weeks ago as the Russian government aims to step up its fight against militants. Tuesday, Putin's regime announced a new round of strikes from a Russian submarine in the Mediterranean against a terror stronghold in Syria.

Despite Putin's mention of nuclear weapons, the Russian president and other officials emphasized that such a drastic step would certainly come as only a last resort. "There is no need to use any nuclear weapons against terrorists," Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said. "They can be defeated through conventional means, and this is fully in line with our military doctrine." Nuclear weapons have only been used in warfare twice in history, on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan, during the U.S. campaign in the Pacific Theater in World War II.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...st-Islamic-State/1431449692433/?spt=sec&or=tn

Forum List

Back