Do you believe in ghosts?

You say that now, but you will likely feel differently when you're on your deathbed.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement of magical horseshit.

"When all else fails, and you are desperate and have nothing more to lose..you will come around! You will hope for magic!"

People see things that they don't see on a standard basis. Either that, or they just aren't paying attention to their surroundings.

Apparitions and spectres are nothing more than visual abnormalities you are not used to seeing. And most people that refuse to find any explanation for them, link them to whatever supernatural or extraterrestrial beliefs they have.

I don't believe in ghosts, goblins, or monsters under the bed. But I have seen things that defy explanation...............that is until I research them and find out what they really are.

The world is full of happenings that happen every day, that would seem "weird" or "unnatural" if we care to look at our surroundings every day and break down everything we are seeing. Just because SOME people happen to notice these things once in a while, and relate them to superstitions or witchery, doesn't mean that's what they are.

I believe in ghosts, as much as I believe in sparkly, glowing vampires.:laughing0301:
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet (Act I, Scene 5)

Truer words...

People see things that they don't see on a standard basis. Either that, or they just aren't paying attention to their surroundings.

Apparitions and spectres are nothing more than visual abnormalities you are not used to seeing. And most people that refuse to find any explanation for them, link them to whatever supernatural or extraterrestrial beliefs they have.

I don't believe in ghosts, goblins, or monsters under the bed. But I have seen things that defy explanation...............that is until I research them and find out what they really are.

The world is full of happenings that happen every day, that would seem "weird" or "unnatural" if we care to look at our surroundings every day and break down everything we are seeing. Just because SOME people happen to notice these things once in a while, and relate them to superstitions or witchery, doesn't mean that's what they are.

I believe in ghosts, as much as I believe in sparkly, glowing vampires.:laughing0301:

"I don't believe in ghosts, goblins, or monsters under the bed. But I have seen things that defy explanation...............that is until I research them and find out what they really are."

Many people observe/experience things that defy explanation -- I agree with that. But I do not agree that all such things can be conclusively explained by information currently available to us, in our collective scientific knowledge. Even our reality and our very existence is more complicated and scientifically uncertain than most people realize. This is probably best illustrated by looking at some of these questions through the lens of quantum mechanics.

While most people are familiar enough with basic principles of physical sciences to conceptualize things such as mass, volume and density of physical particles, they also mistakenly assume those principles are conclusive settled science that frame the boundaries of all possibility. But that is simply not so.

For example, are humans particles or waves? (quantum physics theory posits that electrons, murons, taurons, gluons have no internal structure or physical size, they are pure energy)

What causes the quantum phenomenon known as superposition, where objects exist in multiple eigenstates at once, such as multiple spatially-separated positions (linear superposition)?

What is happening when quantum particles are not being observed?

Does time exist at the quantum level? (The answer appears to be no, apparently defying the universal state of entropy)

Do tachyons exist, and can information be transmitted backwards in time (and does retrocausality occur)? (quantum mechanics posits that if it did occur, we would not know it even happened)

If quantum mechanics is correct that everything (including humans) is energy (a wave) at the most fundamental levels, then everything we think we know about reality, including life and death, is subject to change.

We will never know the answers to most of these questions in our lifetime...unless some other advanced civilization that has more answers than us 1) exists in the first place, and 2) has the means and desire to share such information with us.

Forum List

Back