Does Kasich "hurt" more the Trump or Cruz primaries?

I swear Webb would have been the best candidate in either party. I'm a die hard republican but I think I might have pressed the democrat button if Webb was the DNC choice. They paraded him up on the stage but they never gave him a chance. Too bad Webb didn't reconsider and run as a republican.
...or an independent

First let me state that if GOPers had any sense at all, they would have backed Kasich as the most moderate and sensible of the remaining candidates

Yes, well we've all seen how well the GOP has done with moderates and RINO's the last few elections.

The definition of insanity................

But the GOP Establishment is perfect at manipulating the dunderheads into playing into their tricks and traps every time.

Cruz will not get the nomination. He is a spoiler for the Establishment choice and who knows who that will be.

Cruz people better really watch their backs. First up you have Charles Koch demanding Paul Ryan saying he would be a shoo in at a brokered convention. AND everyone who has been endorsing Cruz of late all think Ryan is the golden boy for the party.

I listen to radio 24/7 and being in the west I pick up anywhere from Chicago west and the buzz is Scott Walker and others still want Ryan.

Cripes this is going to get really bloody.

First let me state that if GOPers had any sense at all, they would have backed Kasich as the most moderate and sensible of the remaining candidates

Yes, well we've all seen how well the GOP has done with moderates and RINO's the last few elections.

The definition of insanity................

But the GOP Establishment is perfect at manipulating the dunderheads into playing into their tricks and traps every time.

Cruz will not get the nomination. He is a spoiler for the Establishment choice and who knows who that will be.

In this race, Kasich is the closest thing to the establishment as they can get. So if they want to upset the apple cart, they will nominate Kasich which is why he's still in the race.

Trump and Cruz can't be controlled by the establishment or anybody else for that matter. Kasich will bark like a dog anticipating a cookie for doing as he's told. That's what the establishment wants.

However, by making such a choice, they face the destruction of the Republican party for many years to come. Trump voters will change parties to Independent or Libertarian, somebody may start a new party, the TP could be reactivated.

But everybody has a chance supposedly. That's why these candidates "suspend" their campaigns instead of just quitting. Yes, it's a lottery ticket, but a ticket worth holding.

If Trump and Cruz team together to stop any change to the Romney Rule, (40B) then Kasich cannot be nominated at the convention.

Not so fast: the rules haven't even been made yet. They can keep, create, or change rules before the convention even starts.

I just get a bad feeling about this election for the GOP. I don't know why; I guess because it's so out of the norm. Or it's just that I believe the establishment is so conniving that they would be willing to risk anything to keep Trump out of the party at any cost.

Cruz people better really watch their backs. First up you have Charles Koch demanding Paul Ryan saying he would be a shoo in at a brokered convention. AND everyone who has been endorsing Cruz of late all think Ryan is the golden boy for the party.

I listen to radio 24/7 and being in the west I pick up anywhere from Chicago west and the buzz is Scott Walker and others still want Ryan.

Cripes this is going to get really bloody.

Totally agree, but take a glance at what this says about the party leadership in the GOP, willing to say and do ANYTHING to get their way and without an ounce of integrity or honesty among them except for Trump.

I am sick to death with these bastards.

Not so fast: the rules haven't even been made yet. They can keep, create, or change rules before the convention even starts.

Yes, every convention sets its own rules, TECHNICALLY, but the rules from the previous conventions are the rules going into the next convention and changes applied from there. They dont start each rule committee meeting totally from scratch.

Do you really think that all these people are spending hundreds of millions of USD on an election process that HAS NO RULES?

The lawyers would have an aneurysm if that were the case.

Yes, every convention sets its own rules, TECHNICALLY, but the rules from the previous conventions are the rules going into the next convention and changes applied from there. They dont start each rule committee meeting totally from scratch.

Do you really think that all these people are spending hundreds of millions of USD on an election process that HAS NO RULES?

The lawyers would have an aneurysm if that were the case.

Not at all. But my point is what's stopping them from starting from scratch? Well.....maybe that's a bit extensive, but they can change enough of the rules that would allow them to bypass Trump which I think is their objective.

Under current rules, a candidate needs to win at least 8 states; Kasich has won one: Ohio. Yet he's still vowing to hang in there. More than likely, this is the only state he will win.

Forum List

Back