Doing my part, Made in the USA....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Unfortunately we had to replace our refrigerator... ugh.
We chose Whirlpool fridge that is made in Ohio.
Thanks to Whirlpool reinvesting in America, and not contracting it out to China November of 2021..

It cost $359 more than the comparable Samsung, but worth it to us that more of the money stays here and not supporting a Chinese company.

Yes... you can give us a gold star.

If I had to move the only appliances I would take with me would be my commercial grade SQ washer and dryer.
Weird.
The only place I can find Speed Queen here is at a freaking Rental store. Nearest Dealer is 92 miles away.

Thanks to Whirlpool reinvesting in America, and not contracting it out to China November of 2021..

It cost $359 more than the comparable Samsung, but worth it to us that more of the money stays here and not supporting a Chinese company.

It should last you a long time. I have one thats 25+ years old. A French door model made in Amana, Iowa.

Weird.
The only place I can find Speed Queen here is at a freaking Rental store. Nearest Dealer is 92 miles away.
LOL.....Move to where the SQs are.....22 miles for me but I've never been inside the place.....I got this thing called a telephone you see. Order the model I want and by and by it shows-up at my door.

Most commercial grade SQs are made to order so there's usually a lag time.....During the covid it was around six months, can't say now.

LOL.....Move to where the SQs are.....22 miles for me but I've never been inside the place.....I got this thing called a telephone you see. Order the model I want and by and by it shows-up at my door.

Most commercial grade SQs are made to order so there's usually a lag time.....During the covid it was around six months, can't say now.
^^^^^ What a dinosaur, using a phone to order things.

All fridges are made just by two companies now. Most American brand names have been bought up by them. You should have bought a Frigidaire.

American labor unions would like to thank you for that extra $359 you paid. They said it would go a long way into keeping Trump out of the White House in 2024.

:laughing0301:

All fridges are made just by two companies now. Most American brand names have been bought up by them. You should have bought a Frigidaire.
We looked at Frigidaire, but they were either the small 24" W low-end models or Cadillac $2000+ models.
Plus, like I said, this model rated #1 for it's feature level

Samsung is a South Korean company. No Chinese are involved.

Samsung comes from South Korea - and not from China. I heard in their fabrication in Austin, Texas, they invested for example about $10 billion in 2021. ... Sorry. It had been 17 billion. Source: Samsung plans to build a $17 billion chip plant in Texas

Last edited:
Amana is an American company I just bought a new dishwasher from them. They also make refrigerators and freezers both for households and businesses.

Forum List

Back