Don't it make your brown eyes blue?

i wonder if grey eyes are a branch of blue.. makes sense, I guess.

i wonder if grey eyes are a branch of blue.. makes sense, I guess.

Gray

A steel blue-gray eyeGray eyes have less melanin than blue eyes, even though they are considered a darker shade of blue (like blue-green). They are most common in European Russia, Finland and the Baltic States.[citation needed] Under magnification, gray eyes exhibit small amounts of yellow and brown color in the iris.

A gray iris may indicate the presence of a uveitis. However, other visual signs make a uveitis obvious.

Visually, gray eyes often tend to appear to change between the shades of blue, green and gray; this is because gray eyes are extremely light, as mentioned before. The color change for gray eyes is usually influenced by the lighting and the colours in the surroundings (such as clothes, makeup, etc.).

The Greek goddess Athena was renowned for having "owl-gray" or "sea-gray" eyes (in Greek, γλαυκῶπις – glaukōpis).[30]

so that means you and echo are related Sho! Congrats :clap2:
Eye color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I better get those veggie trays and spinach dip going too....I guess we'll have to have someone grill out for you meat eaters out there...........

The only ticket you need to get into THIS party is blue eyes!

not to spoil your party but another interesting thing I noticed when I worked with people with alzheimer and demensia is that 95% of the people who lived where I worked had blue eyes. I didn't believe it when someone told me this but what night at dinner I went around and looked at everyone just say I was alittle creaped out especially since I have green eyes which is a form of blue.

Blue eyes here and so does my dad and his dad.

I was going to add an upclose pic from my cell phone but it was so startlingly terrifying I concluded it would be wrong to tramatize y'all.

Blue eyes here too. The blacks in the prison I worked at as a Maintenance Mechanic used to call us whites with blue eyes, "the blue eyed devils."

I'll still happily come to the blues eyes only party... :lol:

I have blue, but my moms eyes are green and my real dads are brown and my sisters are brown

brown eyes are dominant, blue is recessive.... brown eyed people can carry the blue eye gene from one parent and the brown eyed with the other parent, but the brown eyes show up....the blue eye gene is masked or hidden or silent.

this is why a brown eyed child, with one blue eyed parent, can still have a child with blue eyes IF they mate with a person with blue eyes....IF their "silent" blue eye gene hooks up instead of their dominant brown eye gene.

I have green eyes.

I just read in this article, that green eyes are NOT a variant of Blue eyes....which I always thought that they were...the article said that green eyes are just a variant of Brown eyes....

Care

My grandpa had bright blue eyes, but I think the gene got screwed up. It's a recessive trait, I think?

My sister and I have funny eyes- she's got bright green around her pupil and brown surrounding it, and I've got light brown around the pupil and green around it. Most of the other eyes in the family are brown. My grandma's got green/grayish though.

aksjhiadhsdj.

Blue eyes here too. The blacks in the prison I worked at as a Maintenance Mechanic used to call us whites with blue eyes, "the blue eyed devils."

I'll still happily come to the blues eyes only party... :lol:

Tibetan children who have never seen blue eyed people think we are demons.

basically if the Blue gene hooks up with a brown gene, then the eyes show up brown and the blue gene is silent.

if a blue gene, hooks up with another blue gene then the color is blue.

if a brown eyed gene hooks up with another brown i gene, then the eye color is brown

soooooooo, there are 2 ways to have brown eyes show up and one way to have blue eyes show up, thus brown eye genes are the dominant gene

Forum List

Back