Drug Testing For White House Press Corp

That is unlawful search and seizure.

Nope, 'fraid not. They can refuse.

Unless it is written into their contract with their network that they are subject to random drug testing, they cannot be tested unless there is cause to believe that they are impaired, which has to be proven before testing. Otherwise, it is unlawful search and seizure.

And yes, the military DOES have drug testing written into their contract. Chances are though, nobody in the media does.

Unless it is written into their contract with their network that they are subject to random drug testing, they cannot be tested unless there is cause to believe that they are impaired, which has to be proven before testing. Otherwise, it is unlawful search and seizure.

As I said, they can refuse. In doing so, they can also be barred from the press corp.

As I said, they can refuse. In doing so, they can also be barred from the press corp.

If random drug testing isn't written into the contract, they can't.

I suspect the Secret Service decides who has access to the White House.

Read the constitution. I suggest you start with the 4th amendment.

I am familiar with the 4th Amendment, since elementary school.

I suggest you stagger up to the White House door and demand entrance to "The People's House". Let us know how it goes.

If the action is voluntary and refused, there is no illegal search and seizure.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Where does it say no drug screening?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Colonial America was crawling with hemp farms. :laugh2:

If we accept the maunderings of the left here then we must also accept that "journalists" can walk right past TSA screening when they want to fly. Especially Muslim journalists wearing those "press vests" which are so handy for your cameras, recorders, explosives, timers......

The
Art about unreasonable searches without warrants.

"secure in their persons" is the first one.
Followed by "unreasonable searches and seizures".

Forum List

Back