Dubai Uses Cloud Seeding Technology to Produce Rain and Combat Sweltering 122ºF Heat

Do you have a link to actual humidity data? ... the one you provided says these rains weren't a result of cloud seeding ... the opposite claim in the OP ...

This isn't a 100-year flood ... ha ha ... records apparently have only been kept since 1949 ... the science is a little thin so we'll have to rely on folks who have been there I guess ...

I lived in Arabia for 2 decades . In coastal regions the humidity is 60% in the spring . 80% or higher in the summer.

I noticed that the government in Dubai said this wasn't a result of cloud seeding. 5 inches is a record breaker.

"In April the average daytime temperature is 34 °C (93 °F), with high heat and humidity. The average minimum temperature in April is about 23 °C (73 °F). The average rainfall is 8 mm (0.31 in) with rain generally falling on just two days of the month. The average sea temperature in April is 24 °C (75 °F)." -- Climate of Dubai - Wikipedia

Keep in mind ... cloud seeding has not been demonstrated ... yet ... this might indeed be the case that verifies the claims ... there no proof either way ... so Dubai may be on to something ...

Do you have a good source for weather information for this area? ... this is outside NOAA's coverage ...
No way does 48ºC air have enough water vapor ... this is RHs in the single digits ... the crap that people believe ...

It works the other way around.

Hot air holds way more water than cold air.

0KOC1.png

This is why Antarctica is a desert.

Fun fact: Humid air is actually less dense than dry air. Almost everyone thinks it is the opposite, because humid air feels "thick." Ask a pilot, and he'll tell you - planes have much more lift in dry air. This is because the molar mass of H2O vapor is 18, while N2 is 30.

Regards,
Jim

0KOC1.png

Fun fact: Humid air is actually less dense than dry air. Almost everyone thinks it is the opposite, because humid air feels "thick." Ask a pilot, and he'll tell you - planes have much more lift in dry air. This is because the molar mass of H2O vapor is 18, while N2 is 30.

Regards,
Jim
So...... Arizona.

0KOC1.png

Regards,
Jim
In the same light, too hot and planes don’t fly well. Too few air molecules.

So...... Arizona.
A most excellent question, sir! Thank you.

There are several factors that prevent moisture from reaching the Southwest, including Mexico’s large, rugged land mass, lack of evaporation in the eastern Pacific Ocean due to cool water temperature and mountains that run parallel to the West Coast.

And superhot air is less humid.

As dry as the Arizona desert air is, because it is hot, it could hold lots of moisture, and it does often hold enough to make rain when cooled.

Average rainfall is 3 inches in the southwest at Yuma to around 40 inches in the White Mountains.

Orographic lifting...

What-is-the-orographic-effect-768x463.jpg

Might look like this on the chart...

1713392186013.png

Antarctica, though....... It's so cold, it's always on the far left of the chart. As you can see, the air can hold very little moisture, almost none. All the moisture had to leave before it even gets there.

What’s that have to do with envirowhackos polluting the atmosphere with chemicals?

Just responding to your claim that air temperature is irrelevant at 30,000 feet.

Don't worry about the chemicals. They are widely dispersed.

What’s the chemicals needed to cool the atmosphere?

Shit for one ... reflects sunlight back out into space ... and it provides nucleation sites for precipitation and cloud formation ...

Water cools the atmosphere in a BIG hurry ... Lord have mercy ... it's completely fair to say that water's ability to cool the atmosphere is one more exotic property of a rather mundane substance ...

I lived in Arabia for 2 decades . In coastal regions the humidity is 60% in the spring . 80% or higher in the summer.

I noticed that the government in Dubai said this wasn't a result of cloud seeding. 5 inches is a record breaker.

It takes 100% RH for rain to form ... do you not know how cloud seeding works? ...

Between 9,000 and 12,000 metres (30,000 and 40,000 feet), the cruising altitude of most jet aircraft, air temperatures range from −40 to −70 °F (−40 to …

That's a temperature minimum ... it goes up as we increase altitude from there ... the Stratospheric temperature inversion ... I'm told it's a density thing but it's also above almost all weather ...

Dubai is a tough challenge to describe her climate ... we don't have 100 years of data to average ... right now this flooding event stands as a 75-year event ... "once in 75 years" ... or 1.33% chance in any given year ...

You were yammering about no humidity in the desert.

I said humidity was too low for rain ... why it's a desert ... Dubai is in the RH teens almost every day ... are you not looking at scientific data? ... best I've found is the weather for the past two weeks on Wunderground ... do you have a better source ... you lived there ... you should know this ...

Shit for one ... reflects sunlight back out into space ... and it provides nucleation sites for precipitation and cloud formation ...

Water cools the atmosphere in a BIG hurry ... Lord have mercy ... it's completely fair to say that water's ability to cool the atmosphere is one more exotic property of a rather mundane substance ...
Is that why DC is cooler than other areas?

That's a temperature minimum ... it goes up as we increase altitude from there ... the Stratospheric temperature inversion ... I'm told it's a density thing but it's also above almost all weather ...

Dubai is a tough challenge to describe her climate ... we don't have 100 years of data to average ... right now this flooding event stands as a 75-year event ... "once in 75 years" ... or 1.33% chance in any given year ...

No. It's not a tough challenge. It's hot as hell and humid except Nov through January.

Forum List

Back