Due To Poor Performance; Abrahms Tanks Are Being Pulled Out Of Ukraine.

A tank crew has enough to do. So it wouldn't be practical to have them control their own drones. But you idea is brilliant from the standpoint of tanks transporting the drones to the battlefield. They could be controlled from half a world away in a massive battlefield video game.
Yep, just like carriers transport planes to the battle and, the drones could also be pre programmed to kill enemy drones. Like a mini 'iron dome' around the tank. Hey, pretty soon, war will be killing each other's hardware. Reminds me of an old Star Trek episode where the warring factions just shot down each others hardware but then, decided how many citizens on the losing side had to be put to death.

The Japanese tried that with their Kamikases. They eventually lost the war. There are ways of tracking and shooting down drones and there is on-going research into laser weapons.
Be careful what you wish for. Making the new "high ground" lasers from space.
Because, unlike tanks, satellites can't be "armored". And are vulnerable to the debris that "star wars" would generate.

Yep, just like carriers transport planes to the battle and, the drones could also be pre programmed to kill enemy drones. Like a mini 'iron dome' around the tank. Hey, pretty soon, war will be killing each other's hardware. Reminds me of an old Star Trek episode where the warring factions just shot down each others hardware but then, decided how many citizens on the losing side had to be put to death.
The future of warfare has yet to be written. Which makes the Ukraine battlefield the proving grounds, where lessons are learned.

The military industrial complex is in our current foundation. The massive waste of money and resources even though we are superior is disheartening. The United States is slowly struggling from this.

The Ukraine war is teaching Russia how to wage war effectively in this new environment. Seems like our legislators think paying another country to wage war against Russia is a way to weaken them without direct involvement. I think it is having the opposite effect. Second-order thinking is non-existent in our current foreign policy.
We are learning the same lessons without spending vast oceans of blood in the process. View Ukraine like the Spanish Civil War the Russians and Germans learned valuable lessons paid for with Spanish blood.

I think that episode was called The Forever War. But the war was fought by computers that determined what the probable casualties would have been from an attack and those people were ordered to report to be killed. Thus saving the infrastructure of both combatants.

Forum List

Back