Ebola: Convenience Vs Plague

cultsmasher

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
Bay City, MI
The topic of ebola came up with somebody. I said that anybody coming from infected areas should be made to take a ship to the U.S. if they wanted to come here. The same should be done with everybody who is coming from countries that accept flights from infected areas. If it takes them a week to get here, so what. Is a little lost time worth the possibility of bringing a disease here that would make HIV look like nothing? A little lost time means nothing compared to that. Also, in the time it takes to get here, any symptoms would probably show themselves.

Another thing is that the negro who brought ebola here lied about his contact with an ebola victim. If he had been forced to take a ship instead, his lie would have been useless. Also, I am reminded of people with HIV who purposfully spread it. After all, they had nothing to lose. So it might have forced governments into putting more money and greater effort behind finding a cure. That doesn't make me feel very safe about people being truthful when asked before coming here if they had any contact with an ebola victim.

Also, people at airports have their temperature taken. But what good is that going to do if they have it, but just haven't started to get sick from it. Then once they're here and do start getting sick, I wonder how many will assume the worst. Too often they might rather lie to themselves and think that it is just a cold or something. Giving them time to spread it arround. Like it or not, from what I have seen, this is one cat you don't want to let out of the bag.

There have been too many times where money trumped public safety. This time, we have both money and convenience working against us. There have also been many times when governments have been asleep at the wheel. I don't think this should be one of those times.

It was bound to happen.

Now we REEELY have something to worry about.

US must stop all flights from Ebola-stricken WAfrica to prevent more outbreaks in US

UKMailOnline ^

Epidemiologist says US must stop all flights from Ebola-stricken West Africa to prevent more outbreaks in America David Dausey, a Yale-educated disease researcher, has argued that the bungled handling of the Thomas Eric Duncan case proves the US must close its borders to keep Ebola out of the country He is one of the first experts to advocate the closing of borders The CDC maintains that blocking flights from West Africa would make the Ebola outbreak there worse by hurting the local economy

• Banned
US must stop all flights from Ebola-stricken WAfrica to prevent more outbreaks in US

UKMailOnline ^

Epidemiologist says US must stop all flights from Ebola-stricken West Africa to prevent more outbreaks in America David Dausey, a Yale-educated disease researcher, has argued that the bungled handling of the Thomas Eric Duncan case proves the US must close its borders to keep Ebola out of the country He is one of the first experts to advocate the closing of borders The CDC maintains that blocking flights from West Africa would make the Ebola outbreak there worse by hurting the local economy
Vigilante,
The CDC sure has messed things up so far. Also, West Africa doesn't have much of an economy to begin with. So I don't see how their economy taking a bit of a hit from a lack of air travel will make ebola worse. Besides, I'm not worried about ebola there. I'm worried about ebola here. And with the CDC being an American institution, so should they. And if they're worried about the economy in Africa, just air drop them some money.

It was bound to happen.

Now we REEELY have something to worry about.

Luddy Needite,
It may have been bound to happen. But it isn't too late to stop. Also, as far as I'm concerned, It is just another thing to REEELY be concerned about.
You should see my stools...

As long as there are no giant spiders, its all good.

Oh gaaaawd ... Can't believe I just wrote that.

Don't worry about pooping. The nuttters say we'll all be dead long before its a problem.

Forum List

Back