EBOLA - ISIS - EBOLA - ISIS - ISIS - EBOLA - ISIS - EBOLA - EBOLA

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
Apologies for adding to the already unbearably superfluous shoving of these two topics down the public throat but I wish to offer the opinion that this redundant bombardment of unnecessarily repetitive "news" is no longer news but opportunistic media diversion from other important issues, such as what is happening with the potential race riot in Ferguson, MO, how many of our local police agencies have acquired MRAP vehicles and military machine guns, etc.

But, with the singe exception of RT (Russia Today) all of the news channels are "examining" EBOLA and ISIS from every possible angle and then starting over again.

Enough is enough! We need to somehow break up these controlled media monopolies the purpose of which is not to inform but to indoctrinate and to divert attention.

Apologies for adding to the already unbearably superfluous shoving of these two topics down the public throat but I wish to offer the opinion that this redundant bombardment of unnecessarily repetitive "news" is no longer news but opportunistic media diversion from other important issues, such as what is happening with the potential race riot in Ferguson, MO, how many of our local police agencies have acquired MRAP vehicles and military machine guns, etc.

But, with the singe exception of RT (Russia Today) all of the news channels are "examining" EBOLA and ISIS from every possible angle and then starting over again.

Enough is enough! We need to somehow break up these controlled media monopolies the purpose of which is not to inform but to indoctrinate and to divert attention.
Ignoring that New Klux Klan rally in Ferguson is probably a good idea for everyone.
If you don't like the incessant drone of ratings-driven TV news then just consult the internet. Plenty of alternative news stories all over. Pick the ones you like and move on.

Try bbc.:wink_2:

That was a nice observation, but, I'm afraid, useless appeal. There is so much attention to ISIS and Ebola in the media because it is necessary to divert people's attention from other issues. I guess, from our inner problems which especially important before the elections.

You watch RT ? How is that nutter Abby Martin doing ? Is she still about to break the story that explosives brought the WTC's down ?

Three letters friend PBS its about as unbiased as things can get.

You watch RT ? How is that nutter Abby Martin doing ? Is she still about to break the story that explosives brought the WTC's down ?
In spite of Abby's occasionaly extreme interludes her segments are usually revealing, interesting, and commendable. And her daily beauty presentation adds to her monotony-breaking style.

All in all she's a welcome relief from most of the commercial "news" babes.

Agreed -- it's all a distraction.

Meanwhile the tax code continues to benefit the rich and super-rich.

Forum List

Back