EMPIRE: We Have 1,000 Bases In 80 Countries -- Do You Feel Safer?...

Dunno if a foreign base provokes resentment now, but I know that when I was cruising around the Med in the 80's and 90's, it wasn't so much about the base that was there, but had more to do with the leadership in DC.

I remember when during a Republican debate Ron Paul was criticized for suggesting that 9/11 was blowback for our actions overseas. People said that he was accusing our foreign policy of provoking the attacks. Guess what? It did provoke the attacks. Saying that Al Qaida attacked us "because of our freedoms" is about the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Does anybody really think Osama Bin Laden cared that a country thousands of miles away was doing with their freedom?

I remember when during a Republican debate Ron Paul was criticized for suggesting that 9/11 was blowback for our actions overseas. People said that he was accusing our foreign policy of provoking the attacks. Guess what? It did provoke the attacks. Saying that Al Qaida attacked us "because of our freedoms" is about the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Does anybody really think Osama Bin Laden cared that a country thousands of miles away was doing with their freedom?

Did Ron Paul say what was the blowback in 1797, when those people were
seizing out Merchant Ships and holding our seamen for ransom?

Ron Paul...basically...was full of shit

This Empire-Building agenda really is gonna come back to haunt us.

The global reach of the US military is vast, covering most of the globe with a permanent presence. Is this vast empire keeping us safe? Or is it provoking anger against the United States? Are bases resented overseas?

We Have 1,000 Bases In 80 Countries. Do You Feel Safer?

Looking at the world map you gave us it would appear that the US does not have enough troops in Australia. Those people cause all the world's problems.

Piracy isn't the same as terrorism.

What the fuck do you call it?

Those people have been living the same way for 2500 years over there.

Blowback my ass. We fought 3 wars with the Barbary Pirates. Adams
paid their ransoms. Jefferson sent a fleet and captured their forts.

This county was 14 years old when they first started seizing our vessels
and it wasn't for blowback.

You realize just about every country in the world employed pirates at one time, right? Or do only Muslim countries count? :dunno:

You realize just about every country in the world employed pirates at one time, right? Or do only Muslim countries count? :dunno:

You've never answered the blowback question

Piracy was about money. Do you think the Barbary pirates took our ships because they hated our freedoms? :lol:

This Empire-Building agenda really is gonna come back to haunt us.

The global reach of the US military is vast, covering most of the globe with a permanent presence. Is this vast empire keeping us safe? Or is it provoking anger against the United States? Are bases resented overseas?

We Have 1,000 Bases In 80 Countries. Do You Feel Safer?

Obviously this turd of a poster has no idea what Empire Building is. I blame the failed government mandated schools.

Piracy was about money. Do you think the Barbary pirates took our ships because they hated our freedoms? :lol:

What do you think they do now?

ISIS, AQ, all of them use bribary tactics and take hostages.
There fucking Middle East scum. They've always been this way
and always will

we need to cut some of those bases --and consulates---
1. we are in huge debt--that will kill us before any military might
2. bringing those troops home/cutting bases means more, bigtime $$$ put into the US and not down the drain in some shithole overseas

the USMC has pre-positioning ships loaded with equipment/etc able to sail anywhere
in the Gulf War, air transported mucho troops and equipment 'fast'
the USMC has BLTs constantly deployed on ships
the Army's special units can deploy quickly by air

terrorists are a threat to the US mainland--threats to power stations/etc--more so than they ever were before

who is pushing this crap, this is the second thread on this by Russian/Putin loving posters in just 24 hours?

who is pushing this crap, this is the second thread on this by Russian/Putin loving posters in just 24 hours?

Ya gotta get over your obsession with the Russians. Maybe lay off Democrat Fake News for awhile. It's time for a dramatic shift in our foreign policy. Time to scale back the wars and meddling.

Forum List

Back