EMT lied about being slashed by thugs on Christmas: police

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Not only fake news, but fake news being created by people. What a dirtbag.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/29/emt-lied-about-being-slashed-by-thugs-on-christmas-police/

An FDNY Emergency Medical Technician who claimed to have been attacked by a gang of thugs and robbed on Christmas actually concocted the whole elaborate story, cops said Wednesday.

Steven Sampson, 41, was charged with making a false statement and falsely reporting an incident for claiming that he was held up by four delinquents in the Bronx, according to police.

The tattooed father of two allegedly fabricated a harrowing account of being assaulted while off-duty, on his way to a holiday party.

Sampson claimed to have stopped his car on Bolton and Randall Avenues just after midnight when he heard someone shout “Hey, Cracker!”

The 9/11 veteran went on to detail a heroic battle, stating he put one hoodlum in an arm bar and punched another as the other two grabbed Christmas presents out of his car.

The missing gifts allegedly total almost $3,000, including liquor, toys, electronics, and other items intended for his family.

I think I smell drugs somewhere on this story...

What do you mean? The reason he made the story up is because he is spending the money elsewhere? If this is what you mean I didn't even think of this but it does certainly beg the question "why would someone make up such a story"? If it is based on the money gone it could be many things, gambling addiction, another woman, etc. it is a an interesting point.

I just assumed the guy wanted to be in the news, some people have issues like that.

Indeed, that is my thought. The fact that his story fell completely apart during multiple telling's gives me the feeling he snorted the cash. Indeed it would have been an excellent cover story for both the loss of the cash intended for presents as well as the injury, if only he'd kept the story straight.

Forum List

Back