English is not required, but Spanish is mandatory in the new America.

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
The Spanish-language sites represent an effort by the Democratic candidates to court the burgeoning Latino electorate, estimated at 27 million by Voto Latino, a group that works to register Latino voters. But good intentions aside, the errors risk producing the opposite effect, prompting Spanish speakers to question how seriously the candidates are taking them if they can’t even get basic English-to-Spanish translation right.

Makes me wonder how serious we should take these people's intentions to assimilate into American society.

Latino outreach or Google Translate? 2020 Dems bungle Spanish websites

53034598_767420700289775_8555741983694389248_n.jpg

and yall won't ever see it cominng.

The Spanish-language sites represent an effort by the Democratic candidates to court the burgeoning Latino electorate, estimated at 27 million by Voto Latino, a group that works to register Latino voters. But good intentions aside, the errors risk producing the opposite effect, prompting Spanish speakers to question how seriously the candidates are taking them if they can’t even get basic English-to-Spanish translation right.

Makes me wonder how serious we should take these people's intentions to assimilate into American society.

Latino\Hispanics:

1. Conservative in their religious beliefs.

2. Hardworking and pro community from their country like Mexico, Cuba and Puerto Rico.

3. Conservative with their spending.

4. Majority anti-black and Muslim.

Just that alone should be warning signs for the Democratic Party but alas they think Hispanic voters are easily bought like Blacks...

Latino\Hispanics:

1. Conservative in their religious beliefs.

2. Hardworking and pro community from their country like Mexico, Cuba and Puerto Rico.

3. Conservative with their spending.

4. Majority anti-black and Muslim.

Just that alone should be warning signs for the Democratic Party but alas they think Hispanic voters are easily bought like Blacks...

That is a little....superficial. I think it's fair to say that some Central and South American cultures are biased in some of these directions. But these traits are no more true for the group than they could be said to be true for Americans.

You can resist change or you can adapt. The bilingual kids will have an advantage in the working world over the kids of "English only cuz this is 'Murica!" butt hurt Trumptards.

You can resist change or you can adapt. The bilingual kids will have an advantage in the working world over the kids of "English only cuz this is 'Murica!" butt hurt Trumptards.

I can agree with that for the most part. But the Spanish language version websites aren't for the fun of bilingual voters. They are for non-English speaking voters. There's nothing bilingual about that. Expecting English speaking natives to become bilingual, but not having the same expectation for Spanish speaking immigrants makes no sense.

I can agree with that for the most part. But the Spanish language version websites aren't for the fun of bilingual voters. They are for non-English speaking voters. There's nothing bilingual about that. Expecting English speaking natives to become bilingual, but not having the same expectation for Spanish speaking immigrants makes no sense.

Living in Las Vegas, I have met some older immigrants who don't speak English very well or barely at all, but I have never met a child, grandchild, etc of a Spanish speaking immigrant who didn't speak English. The older adults may struggle, but the kids learn it in school just like the rest of us, so it's an insignificant fear

I'll agree with the " anti-muslime" rhetoric but the majority of Latinos are real mutts and have a lot of black blood in there.They are extremely financially conservative because the US made that a requirement for them to survive.
I've lived down here off and on for 30 years. The idiot rednecks who think going to a beach in another state is a vacation are clueless to their cultures

There is a difference between being "financially conservative" and being poor. Not spending money you don't have doesn't mean you're financially conservative. Trust me. Come down to Texas and just look at all the Hispanics driving $300 junker cars because they're broke, but then buy $5000 rims for the thing while there's still a giant rust hole in the door. That's not financially conservative.

That's a disease called norte americano-ismo.
That makes a Latino turn into a 100% neeger

No, it’s just more ignorance as to the nature of Spanish-speaking media.

For example, it illustrates the ignorance of the fact that most of those who use Spanish-speaking media are US citizens, no ‘assimilation’ needed.

Ignorance of the fact that the Spanish language and Hispanic traditions are part of American culture – again, no ‘assimilation’ needed.

And ignorance of the fact that Spanish is the first language of many American citizens – in some cases the only language – such as American citizens from Puerto Rico.

Spanish speaking women are welcome to help me learn the language better and practice full body massage, until I get really really Good.

No, it’s just more ignorance as to the nature of Spanish-speaking media.

For example, it illustrates the ignorance of the fact that most of those who use Spanish-speaking media are US citizens, no ‘assimilation’ needed.

Ignorance of the fact that the Spanish language and Hispanic traditions are part of American culture – again, no ‘assimilation’ needed.

And ignorance of the fact that Spanish is the first language of many American citizens – in some cases the only language – such as American citizens from Puerto Rico.

You failed to see the point so pathetically that, by trying to argue against it, you have confirmed it while contradicting yourself.

If Spanish is the only language of a first generation out-of-Latin-America seven year old American citizen, that is not indicative of assimilation. To the contrary, they may be citizens but it shows that they are culturally aligned with the nation of their parents. If they are naturalized adults and their only language is Spanish, then they have failed to assimilate.

Seeing as Puerto Rico does not vote in Presidential elections, invoking them here is a red herring, at best. This is not about the general existence of the Spanish language. This is about Spanish language websites being used as an outreach tool by Presidential candidates courting Spanish speaking voters, and the fundamental hypocrisy that accompanies this "need" compared to general immigration arguments in the public discourse. Puerto Rico does not enter the equation.

The point I got of the linked OP article was that English was required for one to read things correctly and that the Spanish translation provided by Google didn't get the message across in some cases.

....English is the language of the world--not the most spoken, but most used internationally
the Brits put their mark on the world

the language of the international/business world is ENGLISH

Forum List

Back