Enhanced Interrogation Techniques | Video Raises Many Moral and Ethical ???

Question: "Does water boarding constitute torture?"

Answer: "Well we know it didn't from about 2001..to 2006 or 7. I don't think it;s the right thing to do, I don't think it's the wrong thing to do, I think you can do it in a way that it constitutes torture, I think you can do it in a way that constitutes training. I think you can do it in a way that helps a person shift their priorities so that they experience less abuse later on. It's like every tool in the tool bag, you can under use it, you can overuse it."

Sophistry at it's best. Shift their priorities so that the abuse/torture lessens.

btw, the video? the background sounds/music is ridiculous. especially later on in video. Don't ya just hate it when you're being manipulated? :lol:

From what little I get for this and other sources, I believe Mitchell is just another dope who got his own identity wound up with 9/11. Not unusual. We see it in politics, war, religion... He will get to write his side one day, but I believe it will be all about justification and ego.

that said, wtf do the video editors have to stress the alligators thing in the beginning and the end? Ah, manipulation.

After the release of the Senate report and VICE News' interview with him, Mitchell was bombarded with media inquiries and was the subject of dozens of news reports. Late Wednesday, he was informed by the CIA that he could now confirm that he was under contract to the agency and "that I was part of the enhanced interrogation program," Mitchell told us. "I haven't been given permission to say anything else."

Exclusive Psychologist Not Named In Torture Report Confirms His Role in CIA Interrogation Program VICE News

Forum List

Back