Essential vs Non Essential: The State decides if you keep or lose your job.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
There are many proud hard working Americans who are, for the first time in their lives, lining up at the food bank because the State determined their job was "non-essential". In my home state one example of essential workers are golf course employees. As much as I love to play golf, even I have a hard time describing golf as an "essential service". So is this the State picking winners and losers? Are essential workers any more immune to the virus or unable to spread it? IMO all workers are essential. Open the county now.

The State isn't picking winners and losers. It's trying to determine which workers are so important that they need to stay on the job even if there's a risk to their own health. Is that a determination that you'd like to make?

There are many proud hard working Americans who are, for the first time in their lives, lining up at the food bank because the State determined their job was "non-essential". In my home state one example of essential workers are golf course employees. As much as I love to play golf, even I have a hard time describing golf as an "essential service". So is this the State picking winners and losers? Are essential workers any more immune to the virus or unable to spread it? IMO all workers are essential. Open the county now.
And if we open the country (I assume that's what you meant, although you wrote "county") now, and thousands more people become ill, and thousands more die, what then?

And if we open the country (I assume that's what you meant, although you wrote "county") now, and thousands more people become ill, and thousands more die, what then?
Those that still live will carry on.............you destroy a Nation economically and think it will not do massive damage..............I think you have been sniffing too dang much LYSOL .......cut back some.

You can no more stop this from running it's course than you can the common cold........the herd has to get immune by mainly those that don't even show the symptoms ....then it 's harder to spread it.

People like you are MORE DESTRUCTIVE THAN LOCUSTS...........

Those that still live will carry on.............you destroy a Nation economically and think it will not do massive damage..............I think you have been sniffing too dang much LYSOL .......cut back some.

You can no more stop this from running it's course than you can the common cold........the herd has to get immune by mainly those that don't even show the symptoms ....then it 's harder to spread it.

Would you agree that tens of thousands of people DYING might destroy a nation economically? Or at least, might not be a desirable outcome? Nobody WANTS the economy to wither on the vine, asshole! "The herd has to get immune by mainly those that don't even show the symptoms ....then it's harder to spread it." And you got your medical degree where...? But apparently you're fine with tens of thousands of people dying, as long as you can work at your job. Is that it?

Would you agree that tens of thousands of people DYING might destroy a nation economically? Or at least, might not be a desirable outcome? Nobody WANTS the economy to wither on the vine, asshole! "The herd has to get immune by mainly those that don't even show the symptoms ....then it's harder to spread it." And you got your medical degree where...? But apparently you're fine with tens of thousands of people dying, as long as you can work at your job. Is that it?
I have made numerous posts over the years over the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of deaths by Opioids. Apparently those deaths don't mean squat to you or the rest of the Liberati. If you don't want the economy to wither on the vine asshole, then open the country.

I have made numerous posts over the years over the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of deaths by Opioids. Apparently those deaths don't mean squat to you or the rest of the Liberati. If you don't want the economy to wither on the vine asshole, then open the country.
How do you know that those deaths don't mean squat to me? You're making a pretty big assumption there. I think that you just don't want to believe that liberals might care about you and your friends, for whatever reason. But I do care about you. I care about other people. I would argue that's what makes me a liberal, actually.

The State isn't picking winners and losers. It's trying to determine which workers are so important that they need to stay on the job even if there's a risk to their own health. Is that a determination that you'd like to make?
LOL. Sure. For starters I'll go with my Arizona Governor's decision that golf course employees are "essential" because that is how they make a living which THEY are entitled to do. And I'll just determine that EVERY god damned job is essential to the American that wants to work it. Open the country.

LOL. Sure. For starters I'll go with my Arizona Governor's decision that golf course employees are "essential" because that is how they make a living which THEY are entitled to do. And I'll just determine that EVERY god damned job is essential to the American that wants to work it. Open the country.
And if by opening the country, your grandmother gets sick and dies...?

Irrelevant, emotional pandering. And BTW both my grandmothers are dead but that is beside the point.

Irrelevant, emotional pandering. And BTW both my grandmothers are dead but that is beside the point.
Both my grandmothers are dead, and both my parents are dead, but I still care whether or not other people live or die. Do you?

"Irrelevant, emotional pandering." You're saying that by highlighting the fact that people, especially older people, may die if the country opens up again is "emotional pandering" and "irrelevant"? Well, I guess since your grandmothers are already dead, you've got nothing to lose, huh? I heard on the news today that a five-year-old died from complications of Covid-19. NO ONE is safe, don't you get it? And if you go out, you're just spreading it around, moron.

Both my grandmothers are dead, and both my parents are dead, but I still care whether or not other people live or die. Do you?
The vulnerable population needs to be protected to minimize the critical illnesses and death. That does not mean we have to destroy the rest of the people's lives to save some unknown number of people. Maybe you didn't know this but people have died from flu and pneumonia every day for the last 100 years. We just didn't decimate the rest of the country trying to minimize the number. Viruses kill some people, that's what they do.

The vulnerable population needs to be protected to minimize the critical illnesses and death. That does not mean we have to destroy the rest of the people's lives to save some unknown number of people. Maybe you didn't know this but people have died from flu and pneumonia every day for the last 100 years. We just didn't decimate the rest of the country trying to minimize the number. Viruses kill some people, that's what they do.
Can't you understand that this virus is new and different? Don't you get that?

Forum List

Back