Ex-Georgia cop gets 12 years in prison for killing a naked, unarmed black man. Needs to be life!

Say what?

The cop did the right thing to shoot the guy.

He was unarmed, attacked no one. You call the rubber truck that has a net.
The COP was the one assaulting the man.

A jury last month acquitted Olsen of murder in the March 2015 death of Hill but found him guilty of aggravated assault, making a false statement and two counts of violation of oat

He was naked and charged the cop.

I would of shot his ass too.

Or is it that he was black.

The cop got 12 years. You can say he deserved it, thats fair he probably could have taken some other action other than shooting the guy. Maybe he should have not been so frightened. Seems to me the judge and jury agreed with that... looks to me that the system worked right , not WHITE. Heavy sentencing for cops will assure they will not feel afraid anymore in certain situations ... seems logical right?
I wish you could be a cop though and experience what they go through, then get back to us, you know that black cops shoot more black citizens than white cops right?

What was the cop supposed to do hang out at McDonald's?

He took a call

A naked guy ran after him

Exposing his gentiles to little girls

The cop did the decent thing and shot him .

Well, I kind of agree. The guy probably feared for himself but Somehow the judge and jury thought differently and he got 12 years because they determined there was no threat.
I am having more of a hard time understanding why some people feel the cop should get life in prison, as he wasn't asking for the guy to create that situation which he did.

The cop got 12 years. You can say he deserved it, thats fair he probably could have taken some other action other than shooting the guy. Maybe he should have not been so frightened. Seems to me the judge and jury agreed with that... looks to me that the system worked right , not WHITE. Heavy sentencing for cops will assure they will not feel afraid anymore in certain situations ... seems logical right?
I wish you could be a cop though and experience what they go through, then get back to us, you know that black cops shoot more black citizens than white cops right?

What was the cop supposed to do hang out at McDonald's?

He took a call

A naked guy ran after him

Exposing his gentiles to little girls

The cop did the decent thing and shot him .

Well, I kind of agree. The guy probably feared for himself but Somehow the judge and jury thought differently and he got 12 years because they determined there was no threat.
I am having more of a hard time understanding why some people feel the cop should get life in prison, as he wasn't asking for the guy to create that situation which he did.

Exactly he probably only made $12 bucks an hour..

He filled out the application..

No where did it say a naked guy would charge you and try to kill you?

Say what?

A jury last month acquitted Olsen of murder in the March 2015 death of Hill but found him guilty of aggravated assault, making a false statement and two counts of violation of oat

Was it? I'm betting you already have your mind made up that he shot the guy because he was black. Am I right?

Say what?

You can't just shot unarmed people.
But you are a DOPer MAGA and GUN nutter I read by the reaction here..
So test that stupid idea. GA is a Stand Your Ground state.

Your wrong, people on PCP or LSD.. on a bad trip can kill you with their hands. Cops face these people more on a regular basis than you do personally, depending on where they work. So yes, a lot of how they react is based on this knowlege. You need to be in their shoes first before you go calling them pigs and making fucking assertions of what their motives were when you know absolutely nothing.
I find it funny that some of the police bashers on these threads who celebrate when cops get shot or believe that most of them are bad, corrupt, or kkk in disguise, have personal friends or relatives who are cops and somehow.. THOSE cops are the good ones... talk about getting lucky.

Say what?

You can't just shot unarmed people.
But you are a DOPer MAGA and GUN nutter I read by the reaction here..
So test that stupid idea. GA is a Stand Your Ground state.

Your wrong, people on PCP or LSD.. on a bad trip can kill you with their hands. Cops face these people more on a regular basis than you do personally, depending on where they work. So yes, a lot of how they react is based on this knowlege. You need to be in their shoes first before you go calling them pigs and making fucking assertions of what their motives were when you know absolutely nothing.
I find it funny that some of the police bashers on these threads who celebrate when cops get shot or believe that most of them are bad, corrupt, or kkk in disguise, have personal friends or relatives who are cops and somehow.. THOSE cops are the good ones... talk about getting lucky.

No shit cops are my friends, they dont give a damn if I cooperate.

In my opinion, there are too many slaps on the wrist going on down here in the south. Go here for a recent write up on what's been going down or should I say who has been going down in my neck of the woods.

God bless you and the families of each victim always!!!

Holly

P.S. My question is why is one accessory after the fact getting a shorter sentence compared to the other? To me, none of the sentences are long enough considering how the murder happened and what did not take place after the deed was done.

Crazy people will kill you. IMO, the shooting was justified.

Yea naked black men kill cops everyday, Smfh.

A naked crazy black dude is charging you. You are armed. You are backing up to get out of the way. It's not working, he is still an imitate threat. Here is the law.

"Georgia is one of the states that have stand your ground laws. The basic idea behind these laws is that a person who is being threatened by another person's use of force does not have a duty to retreat or back down before he or she can legally use force against the attacker."

What would you do?

Say what?

What does black have anything to do with it?

It NEVER has anything to do with it, does it?

Say what?

Pretty much a bunch of excuse making for the most part. He got 12yrs and will be out in 6yrs, the young man who was murdered is NEVER coming back. I don't really need to be a cop to know I don't need a gun for an UNARMED man who is naked. The system has ALWAYS worked for white and there are so many cases to prove it, it really isn't worth the time to try and post them.

Say what?

Was it? I'm betting you already have your mind made up that he shot the guy because he was black. Am I right?

Since I am not a mind reader, I don't know if he shot him because he was black or not. I do know that the young man is dead and the cop basically got away with murder.

In my opinion, there are too many slaps on the wrist going on down here in the south. Go here for a recent write up on what's been going down or should I say who has been going down in my neck of the woods.

God bless you and the families of each victim always!!!

Holly

P.S. My question is why is one accessory after the fact getting a shorter sentence compared to the other? To me, none of the sentences are long enough considering how the murder happened and what did not take place after the deed was done.

Crazy people will kill you. IMO, the shooting was justified.

Yea naked black men kill cops everyday, Smfh.

A naked crazy black dude is charging you. You are armed. You are backing up to get out of the way. It's not working, he is still an imitate threat. Here is the law.

"Georgia is one of the states that have stand your ground laws. The basic idea behind these laws is that a person who is being threatened by another person's use of force does not have a duty to retreat or back down before he or she can legally use force against the attacker."

What would you do?

So a naked man is coming at you, you are a trained police officer and all you can do is pull your gun out and kill him. I guess the baton, tazor, mace etc. is just on your waist for show.

Say what?

One question, do you support sanctuary cities? Yes or no.

Say what?

Since I am not a mind reader, I don't know if he shot him because he was black or not. I do know that the young man is dead and the cop basically got away with murder.

So if you claim that you're not a mind reader and don't know that he shot the guy because he was black then your question may as well have been: "Or is it that he was a Justin Bieber fan."

You only ask the question because he was black. But he was also male, a veteran, naked, threatening and screaming.

Say what?

Pretty much a bunch of excuse making for the most part. He got 12yrs and will be out in 6yrs, the young man who was murdered is NEVER coming back. I don't really need to be a cop to know I don't need a gun for an UNARMED man who is naked. The system has ALWAYS worked for white and there are so many cases to prove it, it really isn't worth the time to try and post them.

You cant give the cop life in prison unless you know it was premeditated. You don't know what was in his mind. I'm sure he wasn't expecting a naked guy to come running at him. And no, the cop did not get away with murder, he's going to prison. Please tell me why a cop would willingly throw away his career and life because he wants to shoot a black man. Your just a hater yourself , its pretty obvious.

Say what?

The cop was doing his job and a crazy naked guy charged him..

It's fun being an arm chair quarter back, huh?

So if you claim that you're not a mind reader and don't know that he shot the guy because he was black then your question may as well have been: "Or is it that he was a Justin Bieber fan."

You only ask the question because he was black. But he was also male, a veteran, naked, threatening and screaming.

How is a naked man threatening, was he swinging his Johnson at him?

You cant give the cop life in prison unless you know it was premeditated. You don't know what was in his mind. I'm sure he wasn't expecting a naked guy to come running at him. And no, the cop did not get away with murder, he's going to prison. Please tell me why a cop would willingly throw away his career and life because he wants to shoot a black man. Your just a hater yourself , its pretty obvious.

The hater is folks like you that try to make excuses every time a cop murders a black man, you have every excuse in the world for why he did this or why he did that. Does training teach him that his first move against a naked man is to pull his weapon and fire? He will be out in 6yrs are you saying that is ample time to serve for taking a man's life.

How is a naked man threatening, was he swinging his Johnson at him?

You have no sense of decency, you never did in 20 years

Forum List

Back