Federal Court Shoots Down Concealed Carry in California

I say we build a wall on our border to California, and let them loons have it.
Nope, the leftist loons are the ones that made it this bad.

I suggest we keep overruling the loons, vote them out of office, and make them so unhappy they want to leave. It's the American way.

After they've all left the state, THEN we build the wall around the Calif border, to keep them out. :biggrin:

truly wish we could have courageous legislatures to throw out all laws and start over with well thought out laws that protects gun owners and soothe the nerves of non gun owners. It won't happen but I like to dream
What well thought out laws do you recommend to protect and soothe?

Militia (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today, the term militia is used to describe a number of groups within the United States. Primarily, these are:

• The organized militia defined by the Militia Act of 1903, which repealed section two hundred thirty-two and sections 1625 - 1660 of title sixteen of the Revised Statutes, consists of State militia forces, notably the National Guard and the Naval Militia.[2] The National Guard, however, is not to be confused with the National Guard of the United States, which is a federally recognized reserve military force of the U.S. Army and the U.S. Air Force, although the two are linked.
  • The reserve militia[3] are part of the unorganized militia defined by the Militia Act of 1903 as consisting of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who is not a member of the National Guard or Naval Militia.
  • Former members of the armed forces are also considered part of the "unorganized militia" per Sec 313 Title 32 of the US Code.
This definition pretty much rules out most of the conservatives on this site.

I say we build a wall on our border to California, and let them loons have it.
Nope, the leftist loons are the ones that made it this bad.

I suggest we keep overruling the loons, vote them out of office, and make them so unhappy they want to leave. It's the American way.

After they've all left the state, THEN we build the wall around the Calif border, to keep them out. :biggrin:

Oh yeah, you're IN Cali aren't you? My condolences senior.

If every weapon in your home is registered I would rethink that decision...

Today, the term militia is used to describe a number of groups within the United States. Primarily, these are:

• The organized militia defined by the Militia Act of 1903, which repealed section two hundred thirty-two and sections 1625 - 1660 of title sixteen of the Revised Statutes, consists of State militia forces, notably the National Guard and the Naval Militia.[2] The National Guard, however, is not to be confused with the National Guard of the United States, which is a federally recognized reserve military force of the U.S. Army and the U.S. Air Force, although the two are linked.
  • The reserve militia[3] are part of the unorganized militia defined by the Militia Act of 1903 as consisting of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who is not a member of the National Guard or Naval Militia.
  • Former members of the armed forces are also considered part of the "unorganized militia" per Sec 313 Title 32 of the US Code.

That argument has been tossed aside so often that even the most liberal courts won't even entertain it any more.

It doesnt state in the 2nd amendment you have a right to have a concealed weapon.
You have a right to BEAR arms, and concealed carry is merely a polite way of doing so.

If you want Open Carry across the country, thats fine by me. I used to do it all the time.
You dont even have a right to bear arms unless you are part of the militia.

It doesn't say that, but you know that.
Actually it does say that if you can read.

But all conservatives on this site are people.

It doesnt state in the 2nd amendment you have a right to have a concealed weapon.
You have a right to BEAR arms, and concealed carry is merely a polite way of doing so.

If you want Open Carry across the country, thats fine by me. I used to do it all the time.

Unless you are not a people then no it doesn't.

Thats not a separate sentence. Its just saying if you are part of the militia you have a right to have a gun.

The wording:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. On December 15, 1791, the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments to the Constitution) was adopted, having been ratified by three-fourths of the states.

Does it say the right of the militia or the right of the people? One would think that since that everyone can read how in the hell do they screw up something so simple?

Thats not a separate sentence. Its just saying if you are part of the militia you have a right to have a gun.

BS, it says the right of the PEOPLE not the right of the militia. You are just down right lying, you can't be that illiterate.

BTW, the 2nd amendment is one sentence.

BS, it says the right of the PEOPLE not the right of the militia. You are just down right lying, you can't be that illiterate.

Its the right of the people in the militia. Thats why its not stated in a separate sentence.

BTW, the 2nd amendment is one sentence.

I know. Thanks for proving my point.

I truly wish we could have courageous legislatures to throw out all laws and start over with well thought out laws that protects gun owners and soothe the nerves of non gun owners. It won't happen but I like to dream.

A divided federal appeals court in California ruled Thursday that there is no constitutional right to carry a concealed handgun, adding to a division among the lower courts on gun rights outside the home.

By a vote of 7-4, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco upheld a California law that requires gun owners to show a good reason before they can get a license to carry a concealed handgun.

"The protection of the Second Amendment — whatever the scope of that protection may be — simply does not extend to the carrying of concealed firearms in public by members of the general public."

The court declined to say whether the Constitution protects openly carrying a gun in public. It said that question was not at issue in the case.

Gun owners in two California counties challenged the requirement that they show "good cause," as defined by county sheriffs, before they could get concealed carry permits.

Thursday's majority opinion traced the rights of gun owners from medieval England to the founding of the United States and through the Civil War, finding that local laws almost universally prohibited carrying concealed firearms in public. Appeals Court Says No Right to Concealed Gun Carry

Yo, I see a Supreme Court decision coming!

"GTP"
87754571.jpg

The wording:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. On December 15, 1791, the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments to the Constitution) was adopted, having been ratified by three-fourths of the states.

Does it say the right of the militia or the right of the people? One would think that since that everyone can read how in the hell do they screw up something so simple?
Obviously since its not two separate sentences its the right of the people in the miltia. Basically its saying you have the right to be armed if you are in the militia.

Its the right of the people in the militia. Thats why its not stated in a separate sentence.

Gosh you are illiterate. In order to form a militia, the people have to have guns. As usual, you have it ass backwards. You don't like the 2nd amendment, I got it. I don't like Roe vs Wade. The difference is I don't lie about Roe vs Wade or make up what I want it to say.

Forum List

Back