🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Federal Judges Versus Constitution and U.S. Law

Can someone explain to me how it is possible for a federal judge to stay an executive order by the president, when the immigration law clearly give the POTUS the authority to impose a travel ban on any group of aliens for and period of time they deem necessary to protect U.S. interests? Whether or not you agree with Trump's travel ban, this isn't a conservative or liberal question, it is a question about whether or not we the people and Congress or going to continue to allow federal judges to make rulings based on their personal opinion, or interpret the constitution and U.S. laws passed by Congress. Either we are still a nation of laws, or we are not!

I'm sorry that you don't understand the job of the courts and the limits on executive power. These things are based on precedent and on the interpretation of the constitution.

While there is discretion the president can't do whatever he wants and does not have carte blanche to discriminate and treat people disparately because of their religion.

Either way, defending the constitution is not an affront to the executive branch. And if the Donald and his minions think it is, he's free to leave the position.

Would you care to wager if the EO is reinstated or not? You being a lawyer and all...

Please Pupps doan hirt heem

Let's see . His stupid ban affected a number of people who have visas and greencards . They have rights .

Trump is not king, he can't just change shit on a whim . His claims of safety are not based on any facts .
When the first person is killed by a terrorist posing as a refugee or when they commit a terrorist act, I know a few people who are going hunting without a license.
Shades of James Earl Ray.

Let's see . His stupid ban affected a number of people who have visas and greencards . They have rights .

Trump is not king, he can't just change shit on a whim . His claims of safety are not based on any facts .
no they don't off shore. He can hold a citizen if he wanted to hold them. WTF is wrong with you stupid fks?

Wrong .

Jesus , you think the Prez can throw citizens in jail because they happen to be on a international flight ?

They were not in jail. They were held for questioning at airports.

Being an activist judge crosses Constitutional boundaries, it should be grounds for all but Supreme Court justices to be removed.

That is why Roe v Wade can be reversed by the SCOTUS and abortion goes out the window. There is no Federal abortion law.
that is the law on abortions.
There is no federal statute authorizing abortion. It exists in settled case law only. What the judiciary giveth, the judiciary can take away.
via the common law? how, precedential, is that?

Courts can overturn their own decisions.

That is why Roe v Wade can be reversed by the SCOTUS and abortion goes out the window. There is no Federal abortion law.
There is no federal statute authorizing abortion. It exists in settled case law only. What the judiciary giveth, the judiciary can take away.

based on what? a political passion of the moment.

OMG, Seriously? You need to educate yourself...I think I am getting dumber just reading your stupid posts!

Do you really think that once the SCOTUS rules it can never be overturned? Quick someone tell the black people that they are still slaves....Good grief!

OMG, Seriously? You need to educate yourself...I think I am getting dumber just reading your stupid posts!

Do you really think that once the SCOTUS rules it can never be overturned? Quick someone tell the black people that they are still slaves....Good grief!
just lousy reading comprehension? usually, rulings are in favor of civil rights.

Can someone explain to me how it is possible for a federal judge to stay an executive order by the president, when the immigration law clearly give the POTUS the authority to impose a travel ban on any group of aliens for and period of time they deem necessary to protect U.S. interests? Whether or not you agree with Trump's travel ban, this isn't a conservative or liberal question, it is a question about whether or not we the people and Congress or going to continue to allow federal judges to make rulings based on their personal opinion, or interpret the constitution and U.S. laws passed by Congress. Either we are still a nation of laws, or we are not!
Perhaps you should use google to read the judge's order.

just lousy reading comprehension? usually, rulings are in favor of civil rights.

Don't blame me for your poor education...8USC1182 (f) has been posted over, and over through out this site, and the internet as a whole, what is it about that statute that your dumb ass doesn't understand?

God! I am sick and goddamn tired of these brain dead liberals that don't know how to read, or that intentionally ignore stated law just to go on repeating their bull shit, as if the 1347th time they say it, it will become true or clear...

Look you retards, YOU LOST!!! Why not get with the program and cut the bull shit!

They can't. Not even the fascist dictators on the 9th circus can pull that off. Their power is limited.

Don't blame me for your poor education...8USC1182 (f) has been posted over, and over through out this site, and the internet as a whole, what is it about that statute that your dumb ass doesn't understand?

God! I am sick and goddamn tired of these brain dead liberals that don't know how to read, or that intentionally ignore stated law just to go on repeating their bull shit, as if the 1347th time they say it, it will become true or clear...

Look you retards, YOU LOST!!! Why not get with the program and cut the bull shit!
Y'all make it seem; like any given clause or Statute, can operate in a vacuum of special pleading as (part of) our supreme law of the land.

Forum List

Back