Federal suit filed over illegal arrest of Florida gun owner.

Rambo cops exist all over the country. Give them a badge and a gun, their balls and their smart mouths double in size.

The majority of cops I have known are a lot more self disciplined than the cowboy in that video....and they take up for each other.

I generally have respect for law enforcement, but these incidents of abusive cops who aren't respecting peoples rights are starting to become all too common.

I think this is something we need to address soon. We can't have lonewolf cops going around violating peoples rights and freedoms.

No idea what the rules or protocol might be, but wouldn't it make sense to disarm the guy and then ask him to produce the license he claims to have? If he's got it, give him his gun back and write up a ticket or warning for the expired tag. Case closed.

No idea what the rules or protocol might be, but wouldn't it make sense to disarm the guy and then ask him to produce the license he claims to have? If he's got it, give him his gun back and write up a ticket or warning for the expired tag. Case closed.

I've been pulled over on several occasions for speeding and handed the officer my DL, insurance and CHL and I've never been asked where my weapon was or if I was even carrying at the time. Since I've had my CHL I haven't received a speeding ticket either, only warnings.

The officer was clearly bullying the victim. However, as a concealed carry individual myself, I am aware that should I be pulled over by law enforcement, I am to immediately inform them that I have a concealed carry permit and allow the officer to make a determination as to how to best deal with the situation. They will hold the weapon until all transactions are done and then return it to the individual.
At least, that's how it's supposed to work in theory. He should have informed the cop immediately.

Yeah, he must of forgotten his part of that agreement with the state. Never give a pig a stupid reason to go full gestapo on you.

The officer was clearly bullying the victim. However, as a concealed carry individual myself, I am aware that should I be pulled over by law enforcement, I am to immediately inform them that I have a concealed carry permit and allow the officer to make a determination as to how to best deal with the situation. They will hold the weapon until all transactions are done and then return it to the individual.
At least, that's how it's supposed to work in theory. He should have informed the cop immediately.

That makes sense. And, if that's supposed to be how it worked in this instance, then I can cut the cop a little slack because then he too would know the guy was supposed to announce, didn't, and then all of a sudden he sees a partially concealed gun. And likely knows lots of cops have been shot during routine traffic stops, so I can imagine the old adrenaline starts to pumping.

I'd rather have an over-aggressive cop around than one that does nothing but eat donouts.

However, the cop obvoiusly profiled the guy as he was wearing a camo hat, and assumed he was part of a militia that was going to attack some cherished democrat. The video should have shown a picture of the cop in question, as they, as criminals, should always be publically identified for bad things they do.

I had a somewhat aggressive/paranoid Missouri State Trooper pull me over for a ticket a few years back. After being shown my CC permit, he asked where my gun was. Told him it was in the center console w/o a round in the chamber. He then had me sit in the front seat of his cruiser while he wrote the ticket.

I'd rather have an over-aggressive cop around than one that does nothing but eat donouts.

However, the cop obvoiusly profiled the guy as he was wearing a camo hat, and assumed he was part of a militia that was going to attack some cherished democrat. The video should have shown a picture of the cop in question, as they, as criminals, should always be publically identified for bad things they do.

I had a somewhat aggressive/paranoid Missouri State Trooper pull me over for a ticket a few years back. After being shown my CC permit, he asked where my gun was. Told him it was in the center console w/o a round in the chamber. He then had me sit in the front seat of his cruiser while he wrote the ticket.

I've walked around in olive drab, combat boots, while wearing a weight bearing tactical vest just for the sole purpose of attracting attention and luring a pig into an on camera interview. I used to run that way to train. I'd load the vest of up with 30 round mags full of 5.56, my pack and run at night. I did get some long stares from the bald headed thugs but they never took the bait to their credit.

Forum List

Back