Florida GOP State Senator Wants National Anthem Law

no just at sporting events.....whats the purpose?.....most people stand but are talking or going to get a beer....and then there may be someone who sings it pretty bad.....are those in attendance better citizens because of it?......

It's a American tradition.

People used to enjoy it because they were hard working Americans that believed in America. On their off day they would join a whole lot of others to enjoy a game and stood for the anthem because they were proud to live in a country where their hard work paid off and on their off days they could relax at a game with other Americans.

And a whole shit load of people do enjoy the anthem if you go to games and look around. A lot of Americans do love america. But I get it, you got sucked into being a pessimist.

Of course most people now hate American history and traditions because our country is full of people who want American to conform to them, they don't want to conform to American society. It's either foriengers who don't love america or kids that are raised to be apathetic sniveling little shits that aren't happy unless they are unhappy.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for now, but if you take the time to look around, I think you'll find that being an American citizen doesn't really mean anything unless people are willing to engage and be a part of that tradition. It may seem cliche or maybe hyperbole to you, but this nation isn't eternal or untouchable. It CAN fall apart and someone seems intent on trying to help that process along.

If the Democrat party manages to pass their voting "protections", this nation will be at the threshold of true violent, internal conflict. Since that kind of madness will help NO American... Qui Bono?
.not having the anthem played at a fucking sporting event doesnt mean the country is going to fall apart...is that anthem being played at the dodger game making anyone a better citizen?...most there want the thing to end so they can get the game going...

People used to enjoy it because they were hard working Americans that believed in America. On their off day they would join a whole lot of others to enjoy a game and stood for the anthem because they were proud to live in a country where their hard work paid off and on their off days they could relax at a game with other Americans.

And a whole shit load of people do enjoy the anthem if you go to games and look around. A lot of Americans do love america. But I get it, you got sucked into being a pessimist.

Of course most people now hate American history and traditions because our country is full of people who want American to conform to them, they don't want to conform to American society. It's either foriengers who don't love america or kids that are raised to be apathetic sniveling little shits that aren't happy unless they are unhappy.
i got sucked in to nothing.....if i did it happened during the 70,s at the angel games....i have been to games many people are talking and going to get a beer when its on....

Stop and think a little Mr. Senator. When don't you hear the anthem played at a game or event?
When asked by a Democratic Senator that question the Florida Senator replied...
"I don't know if there's any known instances," Gruters conceded. "This is just to make sure, as a proactive approach, that people continue to play it."

I don't have any problem with a law like that. Seems you do though.

It's only a tradition since WW1, and the Army pays sports teams to play it.

I would rather James Brown's Living in America.

No point clinging to that controversy. It's passe'. The "market" mostly took care of that. Most sports-loving Americans made it clear that such behavior isn't something they'll pay to watch. Next?

Most sports loving Americans don't give a rat's ass about politics and are sick of this shit. ALL Americans are sick of this shit.

Forum List

Back