Former DOJ national security chief says that Trump likely violated the Espionage Act and a separate federal statute

Yes, correct. This could be something, or it could be nothing and a massive, historic fuckup by the FBI. I don't know.

As I've said many times on multiple threads.

See? We can agree. Now calm down.

The odds of it being nothing--and worse, a pretext for either getting J6 information OR eliminating him from running--just increased exponentially today.

*Espionage*.

Really?

likely taken.

not sure your point about clinton . she and the folks around her didn’t realize the difference between a private server and govt server? you honestly believe your bs? and you wonder why you are called a cult

Hillary didn't plead the fifth. She testified for six hours. Evidently everyone was sloppy about using private email.. remember how upset they were over Trump using the secret service agent's phone? I was a republican until Bush invaded Iraq so I didn't vote for Bill Clinton nor am I a fan of Hillary, but I do know the difference between lies and the truth. Hillary didn't do anything wrong.

The Espionage Act has a specific provision that relates to gross negligence of handling of documents.

The full interview has a lot of interesting insights.

“There's a variety of different possible crimes, but I think the two that are probably worth focusing the most on are 18 USC 2071. This really applies to any federal government employee who, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies or destroys public records, right? Records that are public records. Another potential crime is actually under the Espionage Act, which is 18 USC 793. And that actually has provisions that apply to essentially the mishandling through gross negligence, permitting documents to be removed from their proper place, or to be lost, stolen, or destroyed. There's also conspiracy provisions within that 18 USC 793. But certainly gross negligence could be proved by willfulness, because that would be even beyond gross negligence.”

One other important point she makes is that the FBI would have good reason to believe evidence is still there.

“It's a very overt step for the FBI to actually execute a search warrant that signals to the whole world that they had probable cause — that a federal judge agreed with — to believe that the evidence of a crime would be located in the premises to be searched at the time it was searched. So it couldn't be, "We thought the stuff was there a year ago, but not now." It would have to be probable cause to believe that evidence of a crime exists in that location at that time. And that means that the Department of Justice, probably at the highest levels, probably all the way up to the attorney general, agreed that this was a step that was not only legally supportable, but also important to take.”

Well they wanted us to stop talking about January 6

People give him a lot of shit for being out of shape but the guy was 75-years-old and had the energy to do an espionage right after attempting a coup.

Yes, lets all pay attention to the whip smart, agenda-less woman who headed the Trump-Russia collusion probe. LOL!

The Espionage Act has a specific provision that relates to gross negligence of handling of documents.

The full interview has a lot of interesting insights.

“There's a variety of different possible crimes, but I think the two that are probably worth focusing the most on are 18 USC 2071. This really applies to any federal government employee who, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies or destroys public records, right? Records that are public records. Another potential crime is actually under the Espionage Act, which is 18 USC 793. And that actually has provisions that apply to essentially the mishandling through gross negligence, permitting documents to be removed from their proper place, or to be lost, stolen, or destroyed. There's also conspiracy provisions within that 18 USC 793. But certainly gross negligence could be proved by willfulness, because that would be even beyond gross negligence.”

One other important point she makes is that the FBI would have good reason to believe evidence is still there.

“It's a very overt step for the FBI to actually execute a search warrant that signals to the whole world that they had probable cause — that a federal judge agreed with — to believe that the evidence of a crime would be located in the premises to be searched at the time it was searched. So it couldn't be, "We thought the stuff was there a year ago, but not now." It would have to be probable cause to believe that evidence of a crime exists in that location at that time. And that means that the Department of Justice, probably at the highest levels, probably all the way up to the attorney general, agreed that this was a step that was not only legally supportable, but also important to take.”

Oh bullshit.

Hillary didn't plead the fifth. She testified for six hours. Evidently everyone was sloppy about using private email.. remember how upset they were over Trump using the secret service agent's phone? I was a republican until Bush invaded Iraq so I didn't vote for Bill Clinton nor am I a fan of Hillary, but I do know the difference between lies and the truth. Hillary didn't do anything wrong.
She likely couldn’t of taken thr 5th she was in no real legal jeapardy since obama already interfered in the criminal probe and made clear there would be no charges

haha she didn’t do any thing wrong?? hahaa he had an illegal serve with classified material on it less secure then if it were in a google account. No not everyone did that

Top comments on Trump forums right now are just trying to ID the specific FBI agents who were part of and signed off on the raid so they can be “helicopter passengers,” a reference to Chilean dictator Augusta Pinochet murdering dissidents by throwing them out of helicopters.

This is just a friendly reminder that Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were executed for committing espionage.

The former chief of the Justice Department’s national security division
suggests prosecutors believe they have probable cause that there may have been violations of the World War I-era Espionage Act.
Former suggest and may have that is a lot of theory and speculation no facts.

Hillary didn't plead the fifth.
Her schtick was 'I don't remember, I don' t recall'

Set a record for using those phrases.

(Strange, with her poor memory, they still nominated her for president)

Donald Trump could be charged with violating the Espionage Act which was used to prosecute Edward Snowden, says Mary McCord, the former chief of the DOJ’s national security division. Let's get it done.

Her schtick was 'I don't remember, I don' t recall'

Set a record for using those phrases.

(Strange, with her poor memory, they still nominated her for president)

You're lying.

Forum List

Back