Free speech on campus.

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Preamble to the Declaration of Independence

The First Amendment states that the government cannot abridge the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and petition.

Private colleges claim that these protections do not apply to them because they are not a part of the government.

However, these rights are not granted by the government, they are endowed by their Creator.

Are these colleges placing themselves above God?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The First Amendment states that the government cannot abridge the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and petition.

Private colleges claim that these protections do not apply to them because they are not a part of the government.

However, these rights are not granted by the government, they are endowed by their Creator.

Do you agree the purpose of college is to graduate and get a good job?

Are you going to have free speech at your first job? Or will they fire you for protesting?

If you want free speech you better join a union because right to work companies won't put up with your shit. Nor should a university if the goal is teaching you life lessons.

No evidence offered in OP that students are suffering from laws passed by the government that restrict free speech on campus. That is the guarantee in the constitution.

Do you agree the purpose of college is to graduate and get a good job?

Are you going to have free speech at your first job? Or will they fire you for protesting?

If you want free speech you better join a union because right to work companies won't put up with your shit. Nor should a university if the goal is teaching you life lessons.
Thats not what libs said during the Vietnam war when pro Ho student protesters turned American campuses into battle zones

I remember the 60s, when students using free speech were met with firehoses and pepper spray.

Administrations didn't like free speech then either.

Thats not what libs said during the Vietnam war when pro Ho student protesters turned American campuses into battle zones
I know. I even protested the first Iraq war Bush 1 when I was a senior. Scared there would be a draft.

Do you know my entire childhood, one of my fears was being drafted and sent to war. I'd probably love it but I don't want to die for nuthin. NOTHING!

For the army it's 17–35 years old for active duty, reserve, and guard. Air Force 42. So it wasn't until I was 42 till I could safely feel I was too old to be drafted. Then my brother had my two nephews. LOL. They're in their 20's now. Going to college.

I was thinking about this yesterday. No question Trump said people who go into the military and put themselves in harms way are suckers and losers. And that he prefers his hero's who don't get shot down. Referring to McCain. And when he said don't bring the deformed military vet around because no one wants to see that. No question he said all these things. But for some reason he's teflon with 45% of Americans.

Lol, the first amendment comes to you via the Constitution and the government.

It only applies to the government and it's agencies and agents.

Why don't you have ghod speak to the colleges.

That is between those colleges and God, not you, not me.

I know. I even protested the first Iraq war Bush 1 when I was a senior. Scared there would be a draft.

Do you know my entire childhood, one of my fears was being drafted and sent to war. I'd probably love it but I don't want to die for nuthin. NOTHING!

For the army it's 17–35 years old for active duty, reserve, and guard. Air Force 42. So it wasn't until I was 42 till I could safely feel I was too old to be drafted. Then my brother had my two nephews. LOL. They're in their 20's now. Going to college.

I was thinking about this yesterday. No question Trump said people who go into the military and put themselves in harms way are suckers and losers. And that he prefers his hero's who don't get shot down. Referring to McCain. And when he said don't bring the deformed military vet around because no one wants to see that. No question he said all these things. But for some reason he's teflon with 45% of Americans.
Trump didnt say suckers and losers

And whoever did is wrong

Arent the south koreans lucky that the anti war virus did hit in 1950?

They would be forced to eat Haitian migrant’s number one comfort food like their cousins in north korea today

Forum List

Back