Fruit of the Poisonous Tree

No, I haven't even looked for that. I listened to the entire call, and there isn't anything nefarious, so I was just waiting to see if it makes it to trial.

I agree. MSM spins the info and the clowns on the left go berserk. So predictable. Look how Trump's comments on cutting some entitlement fraud, spun right into 'He's gonna kill medicare and medicaid'.
I still say Raffensperger admitted he wasn't pressured to break the law...Read testimony.

Last edited:
State activities are exempted from the law because the two party consent law is about privacy, not about 4th amendment. You're crossing wires on the issue.
No it's you who are conflating issues. The "Fruit from the Poisonous Tree" doctrine has nothing to do with Georgia's privacy statutes. It applies everywhere.

We were talking about how sometimes evidence that is illegally collected can still be admissible, and that is generally if it was "innocently" acquired. But illegal wiretaps are ALWAYS excluded, it does not matter how they were acquired by the prosecutor.
This isnt an illegal wiretap. It's phone conversation between two parties, the state being one of those parties.
So you are telling me that any phone conversation can legally be recorded in Georgia, no exceptions?

You do not recognize that Georgia's privacy law has categories of privileged communications that are illegal to record?

Last edited:
We were talking about how sometimes evidence that is illegally collected can still be admissible, and that is generally if it was "innocently" acquired. But illegal wiretaps are ALWAYS excluded, it does not matter how they were acquired by the prosecutor.
Do you have a source for this claim?
So you are telling me that any phone conversation can legally be recorded in Georgia, no exceptions?

You do not recognize that Georgia's privacy law has categories of privileged communications that are illegal to record?
I assume you mean Florida. Florida law and court precedent have exceptions for investigators and for public officials. A public officials engaging in official business do not have an expectation of privacy.

Do you have a source for this claim?

Evidence obtained indirectly from illegal activity​

Under the “fruit of the poisonous tree” doctrine, evidence obtained as an indirect result of illegal state action is also inadmissible.[23] For example, if a defendant is arrested illegally, the government may not use fingerprints taken while the defendant was in custody as evidence.[24] Because police would not have obtained the fingerprints without the illegal arrest, the prints are “fruit of the poisonous tree.”[24]

Other examples of evidence inadmissible under this doctrine include:

• Evidence seized during a search, where the probable cause for the search was illegally obtained evidence[25]
  • A confession made by the defendant, prompted by the admission of illegally obtained evidence against him[26]
  • Evidence derived from information gained in illegal wiretaps[27]
I assume you mean Florida. Florida law and court precedent have exceptions for investigators and for public officials. A public officials engaging in official business do not have an expectation of privacy.
No, I am talking about Georgia. Georgia has a privacy statute that makes it a criminal act to record privileged communications.

Whether or not this particular call qualifies as a privileged communication in Georgia would be up to the judge to decide.

The circumstances lead me to think it could be, else why would Raffy ask the J6 committee not to call her as a witness, and why did Fani need to give her immunity before the grand jury? She wasn't immunizing her from prosecution in Florida, right? That's not her jurisdiction. She was immunizing her in Georgia...

Under the “fruit of the poisonous tree” doctrine, evidence obtained as an indirect result of illegal state action is also inadmissible
Your reference says that it’s just evidence obtained from illegal state activity. If a private citizen were to illegally record someone, and the state obtains that recording, they can admit it. The point being, it definitely does matter how the prosecutor gets the information.
No, I am talking about Georgia. Georgia has a privacy statute that makes it a criminal act to record privileged communications.

Whether or not this particular call qualifies as a privileged communication in Georgia is up to the judge to decide.

The circumstances lead me to think it could be, else why would Raffy ask the J6 committee not to call her as a witness, and why did Fani need to give her immunity before her grand jury? She wasn't immunizing her from prosecution in Florida, right? That's not her jurisdiction. She was immunizing her in Georgia...
Do you have any knowledge on what is illegal to record in Georgia? And why it would apply here?

Your reference says that it’s just evidence obtained from illegal state activity.
We already established that it was the State making the recording, so I see no reason to argue that point.
Do you have any knowledge on what is illegal to record in Georgia? And why it would apply here?
You can search Georgia's statutes online. Start here:

We already established that it was the State making the recording, so I see no reason to argue that point.
Which have broad exemptions in Florida state law, but since you aren't arguing that (this was the original purpose of the thread), no need to belabor it.
You can search Georgia's statutes online. Start here:
I'll take it as a no. Since Fuchs was party to the conversation, the recording isn't illegal. There's nothing privileged about the conversation whatsoever.

Which have broad exemptions in Florida state law, but since you aren't arguing that (this was the original purpose of the thread), no need to belabor it.
I have said several times that the law in Florida is not the question.
I'll take it as a no. Since Fuchs was party to the conversation, the recording isn't illegal. There's nothing privileged about the conversation whatsoever.
Your categorical statement shows me that you are not really interested in the law.

There is a long list of categories of privileged communications in the Georgia statutes, I have read it but I do not need to hunt it down again for you, since you are already certain of your position.

Your categorical statement shows me that you are not really interested in the law.

There is a long list of categories of privileged communications in the Georgia statutes, I have read it but I do not need to hunt it down again for you, since you are already certain of your position.
Id be less certain about my position if you could provide any rational circumstance that would make the recording privileged.

Id be less certain about my position if you could provide any rational circumstance that would make the recording privileged.
I do not need to prove it was a privileged communication. I only note that there are categories of communications that are privileged. As I said, it would be up to the judge to decide.

I have not even searched the administrative codes, but I would be very surprised if State employees, acting in the course of their duties, were permitted to just record any conversation with high public officials and disclose it to the media.

I have not even searched the administrative codes, but I would be very surprised if State employees, acting in the course of their duties, were permitted to just record any conversation with high public officials and disclose it to the media.
Admissibility to court has nothing to do with whether they can disclose it to the media.

If anything, discussions among public officials are less privileged than others, given they are discussing, you know, public matters.

If you ever come up with a rational argument for why it can't be admitted to court, let me know.

Admissibility to court has nothing to do with whether they can disclose it to the media.
I never said it did. I am talking about the legality of the recording in Georgia. Admissibility is an entirely separate question.

The idea that there are no restrictions placed on public employees wrt recording their boss's conference calls seems highly unlikely to me, that's all.
If anything, discussions among public officials are less privileged than others, given they are discussing, you know, public matters.
There are open meeting laws and sunshine laws in Georgia that make public meetings and such open to anyone.

But there are lots of times when the State does not want something released prematurely because it would just throw a monkey wrench into the works. Matters of law enforcement for one. I can think of all kinds of deliberations that executive branch officials engage in that need to be kept private until they have reached a decision.
If you ever come up with a rational argument for why it can't be admitted to court, let me know.
I am not trying to convince you of anything. I post my thoughts, if you want to ask a question I will try to answer it.

Raffy requested that Fuchs not be asked to testify in the J6 hearing, and she was granted immunity before the grand jury. That wasn't for no reason at all, it was to shield her from liability...

Last edited:
No, it was immunity before the Georgia grand jury.

"A lawyer for Raffensperger’s office asked the January 6 committee not to call her as a witness for reasons the committee’s lawyers assumed were due to her potential legal exposure. The committee agreed. But when she was called before a Fulton County special grand jury convened by Fani Willis, she was granted immunity and confirmed the taping, according to three sources with direct knowledge of her testimony."
If the taping was legal, why did she need to be granted immunity before testifying about it?

Forum List

Back