FUCK HOME DEPOT lumber for finished outdoor furniture

Well next year when you are sanding again..........I'll still be looking at my restored deck...........

Use that cheap ass water guard......lmao

Pressure treated wood doesnt soak up stain very well because, its been treated already, but not treated with a quality stain. You would get better results by using normal wood and staining it 2 or 3 times. Varnish is better for pressure treated wood than stain.

Bro wtf.... I'm not a board retard...... I did that! FUCK HOME DEPOT LUMBER
I have a wooden fence that is 4 years old and looks like it was put up last week.
I have an old wooden glider that I bought almost 30 years ago from Lowes. It looks great.
Treated lumber properly stained/sealed will hold up for decades and decades.
Treated lumber that was not sealed, or improperly sealed look like hell in no time.

I have a wooden fence that is 4 years old and looks like it was put up last week.
I have an old wooden glider that I bought almost 30 years ago from Lowes. It looks great.
Treated lumber properly stained/sealed will hold up for decades and decades.
Treated lumber that was not sealed, or improperly sealed look like hell in no time.
I used that Seal Krete Heavy duty 2 coats.........then the restore and it worked miracles.

I failed at stain on my pool deck........Stained it and used Tomson's Water seal..........failed miserably.

Guy sold me on the Seal Krete.......it's very good.

You should also get a deglazing block. It's a chunk of raw rubber that will take the sap off the belt that builds up when you are sanding pine. It makes a belt last much longer.

Also, why use a clunky, heavy, old belt sander when there are modern orbitals that are superior?
Orbitals aren't worth a shit for rough sanding especially with a badly raised grain like weathered outdoor wood.

You'll end up making the problem even worse actually with an orbital.

They are best left for finish work.

I'm just wondering how an "expert" didn't seal the wood and is angry then than it weathered. Even the best materials require proper application and recommended protection/maintenance.

d63f8fb5-fefc-5ad3-98e4-d36fc550f5f7

eac597223131286c00d589a589ca01c7.jpg
That stuff is truly amazing but if you like the "wood look" you need to "look elsewhere".

That's like putting rhino liner in your truck bed texture wise.

That stuff is truly amazing but if you like the "wood look" you need to "look elsewhere".

That's like putting rhino liner in your truck bed texture wise.
It's lasting. Doesn't get slick when wet..........Turned out very well so far.

Think the Krete is making it last so well.

It's lasting. Doesn't get slick when wet..........Turned out very well so far.

Think the Krete is making it last so well.
So does Rhino Liner.

I've known a couple of guys who owned RL factor authorized centers. here in Texas that built hunting blinds back in the 90's with 3/4" marine plywood and coated them with the RL in their shops.

All of those blinds are still in use to this day.

Orbitals aren't worth a shit for rough sanding especially with a badly raised grain like weathered outdoor wood.

You'll end up making the problem even worse actually with an orbital.

They are best left for finish work.

I'm just wondering how an "expert" didn't seal the wood and is angry then than it weathered. Even the best materials require proper application and recommended protection/maintenance.
Nonsense 20220506_173806.jpg

So does Rhino Liner.

I've known a couple of guys who owned RL factor authorized centers. here in Texas that built hunting blinds back in the 90's with 3/4" marine plywood and coated them with the RL in their shops.

All of those blinds are still in use to this day.
Never thought of that..........sounds good actually.

The stuff was very thick going on.........Was a pain, but is lasting.

I like Home Depot because they're one of the few national chains that supports mostly conservative causes. Lowe's goes almost exclusively leftwing.

Forum List

Back