🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gas incident in Rhode Island leaves over 7,000 National Grid customers without heat amid brutal cold

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
These folks should be transported to nearby motels, hotels, shelters, gymnasiums, stadiums and anywhere else that can accommodate them until the problem is fixed. You can't let people sit there and freeze to death.

Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo declared a state of emergency in Newport County, Rhode Island, after more than 7,000 National Grid utility customers were left without heat on Monday as extreme cold gripped the region.

In a statement, the company said it is currently experiencing a low gas pressure situation affecting customers on Aquidneck Island. The city of Newport has seen the majority of the outages.

"On Monday evening, out of an abundance of caution, National Grid began suspending gas service to 7,100 gas customers in Newport and Middleton," the company said. This interruption in service is due to a low transmission supply issue from our natural gas supplier—Algonguin Gas Transmission Co."

The outage could be a prolonged event, according to the company statement. Up to 1,000 gas workers and support personnel have been deployed to help resolve the issue as soon as possible.

"We have multiple teams on the ground assessing the situation and will continue to provide updates. This restoration process may be a multi-day event for those impacted," National Grid officials said.

National Grid, along with state and local officials, was working on getting information about warming centers out to those affected.
Gas incident in Rhode Island leaves over 7,000 National Grid customers without heat amid brutal cold

Or they can drive to the local Home Depot and purchase a powerful space heater for $69.99 assuming they are so stupid as to not be prepared for emergencies and expect the government to save them not realizing government employees are often dems who do not give a shit about them.

National Grid? Not surprising. They are terrible. Glad I live somewhere not supplied by them anymore.

These folks should be transported to nearby motels, hotels, shelters, gymnasiums, stadiums and anywhere else that can accommodate them until the problem is fixed. You can't let people sit there and freeze to death.

Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo declared a state of emergency in Newport County, Rhode Island, after more than 7,000 National Grid utility customers were left without heat on Monday as extreme cold gripped the region.

In a statement, the company said it is currently experiencing a low gas pressure situation affecting customers on Aquidneck Island. The city of Newport has seen the majority of the outages.

"On Monday evening, out of an abundance of caution, National Grid began suspending gas service to 7,100 gas customers in Newport and Middleton," the company said. This interruption in service is due to a low transmission supply issue from our natural gas supplier—Algonguin Gas Transmission Co."

The outage could be a prolonged event, according to the company statement. Up to 1,000 gas workers and support personnel have been deployed to help resolve the issue as soon as possible.

"We have multiple teams on the ground assessing the situation and will continue to provide updates. This restoration process may be a multi-day event for those impacted," National Grid officials said.

National Grid, along with state and local officials, was working on getting information about warming centers out to those affected.

But it can't be cold; AGW!!! Remember!!!!? It's just their imagination.

Greg

I burn wood, i figure we're not running outta trees anytime soon.....~S~

National Grid has already agreed to pay yo house these people in hotels when I first heard about this on Monday evening.

National Grid? Not surprising. They are terrible. Glad I live somewhere not supplied by them anymore.

Did you have them for electric, gas, or both?
Both. Bought a place and they sent me a ridiculous bill for the first month when no one was even living there yet, three times as high as it should be. They told me I was responsible to prove their mistake and read the meters myself or some bs, pay up or we shut you off. Told them its their mistake and not my job to fix it and I'm not paying them anything until they do. Filed a complaint with NY state and finally it gets resolved with an apologetic phone call explaining they made a mistake. Yeah no crap you idiots.

Or they can drive to the local Home Depot and purchase a powerful space heater for $69.99 assuming they are so stupid as to not be prepared for emergencies and expect the government to save them not realizing government employees are often dems who do not give a shit about them.
And hope that one, the heater will actually keep the place livable, and two, that it won't burn the place down.

And hope that one, the heater will actually keep the place livable, and two, that it won't burn the place down.
Just out of curiosity would it be too expensive to convert to electric heat ?
We live in SW Arkansas and have been 100% electric for about 15 years...of course here, cooling in the blazing hot summer costs more than heating in the mild winters, and I also have a fireplace and endless supply of wood to burn here. Plus good well water
that we own....just have to replace the pump motor every 10 or 15 years.
gif49.gif

Just out of curiosity would it be too expensive to convert to electric heat ?
We live in SW Arkansas and have been 100% electric for about 15 years...of course here, cooling in the blazing hot summer costs more than heating in the mild winters, and I also have a fireplace and endless supply of wood to burn here. Plus good well water
that we own....just have to replace the pump motor every 10 or 15 years.

You have MUCH milder winters than New England.

You also have electric rates a fraction of those in the Northeast. It's 18.6 cents/kwh in RI, and 10 cents in Arkansas. Electricity is the most expensive way to heat.

You have MUCH milder winters than New England.

You also have electric rates a fraction of those in the Northeast. It's 18.6 cents/kwh in RI, and 10 cents in Arkansas. Electricity is the most expensive way to heat.
Unless you have solar panels. I'm working on it.
energy-efficient-homes-decathlon-wood_6e107e354aeb86671ce40b45b658e78b.jpg

Forum List

Back