Gdp co2

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
This article/charts was published on the Whitehouse Website.

Thursday, November 14th, 2013
Two Very Important Lines Crossed Last Month, and It Means Big Things for Our Energy Security:

For the first time in nearly two decades, we're importing less foreign oil than we're producing domestically -- and we're using less overall. That's a really big deal. Get the facts below, and pass them on.

longform_energy_816_111313.jpg

Thank you Bush II, he did do this.
The only bad part about his energy bills was the one promoting ethanol.

What was the question that prompted those whitehouse.gov answers??

I know --- I know -----

Name 2 things that improved IN SPITE of the best efforts of Obama and the leadership of the Dems to thwart them.

Looks to me like we dodged a bullet wasting another $Trill on useless subsidies and more failing green shoot engineering...

Last edited:

Please STAR.. Tell me youre not that clueless. The co2 reduction is OLD news. Go look up

co2 emissions US lowest since

Theres areason for it. But your choice of lefty sources really never told you what the REAL reason was...

Didnt have anything to do with the wisdom and guidance of your Dear Leader.
If youre really stumped. I can help.

Im not into embarrassing anybody tonight.

Last edited:

Please STAR.. Tell me youre not that clueless. The co2 reduction is OLD news. Go look up

Theres areason for it. But your choice of lefty sources really never told you what the REAL reason was...

IOWs you're having trouble expressing yourself...:eusa_boohoo:

Don't waste your time on this idiot. Lefties are very selective in which science they choose to believe.

Since you put it that way -- and didn't want to do the work yourself.. Despite Mr. H's great advice, and the fact that I've bagged my limit of underinformed leftists this week ---

I'm gonna help another leftist mind from going completely to waste..

Why don't you get this news from your Comrade Chris who posted this thread..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/266686-u-s-co2-emissions-dropping.html#post6466197

Which contained this in the OP...

Fast forward to 2012: The U.S. achieved approximately 70% of the CO2 emissions reductions targeted under Kyoto (as compared to the 1998 EIA CO2 forecast). That’s substantial progress. A major factor in CO2 emission reduction is shale gas, which, with the continued displacement/retirement of coal plants, has the potential to provide even more CO2 reduction benefits in the future.
Surprise Side Effect Of Shale Gas Boom: A Plunge In U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions - Forbes

OR --- from a Yahoo news flash I posted here..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/258209-man-solved-global-warming.html#post6243539

AP IMPACT: CO2 emissions in US drop to 20-year low - Yahoo! News

PITTSBURGH (AP) — In a surprising turnaround, the amount of carbon dioxide being released into the atmosphere in the U.S. has fallen dramatically to its lowest level in 20 years, and government officials say the biggest reason is that cheap and plentiful natural gas has led many power plant operators to switch from dirtier-burning coal.

Many of the world's leading climate scientists didn't see the drop coming, in large part because it happened as a result of market forces rather than direct government action against carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas that traps heat in the atmosphere.I

n a little-noticed technical report, the U.S. Energy Information Agency, a part of the Energy Department, said this month that energy related U.S. CO2 emissions for the first four months of this year fell to about 1992 levels.

While conservation efforts, the lagging economy and greater use of renewable energy are factors in the CO2 decline, the drop-off is due mainly to low-priced natural gas, the agency said.

None of those scheduled coal plants could have happened without the immense surge is US nat gas production and the accompanying dramatic lowering of prices..

AND --- note --- LARGELY IN SPITE to your minions of opposition against natural gas expansion and fracking.. Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way...

Would it serve you better to spend a little less time eating up the propaganda at the lying feet of whitehouse.gov?
Not much there except lies and deceit at this point...

Last edited:
This article/charts was published on the Whitehouse Website.

Thursday, November 14th, 2013
Two Very Important Lines Crossed Last Month, and It Means Big Things for Our Energy Security:

For the first time in nearly two decades, we're importing less foreign oil than we're producing domestically -- and we're using less overall. That's a really big deal. Get the facts below, and pass them on.

longform_energy_816_111313.jpg

you get paid to post this?:rolleyes:

Of course they do. The libtards who post here are nothing if not persistent in posting irrelevant or erroneous BS over, and over, and over again. It's all they know how to do.

by the way when natural gas burns it produces H2O and CO2. Aren't those the dreaded greenhouse gases that will kill us all? Also didn't the WH claim that GDP would go down instead of up when the fate worse than death of shutdown hit? This must be a misprint.

by the way when natural gas burns it produces H2O and CO2. Aren't those the dreaded greenhouse gases that will kill us all? Also didn't the WH claim that GDP would go down instead of up when the fate worse than death of shutdown hit? This must be a misprint.

Nat gas just burns more efficiently. Much more btus per unit carbon stuff.

Seem to have dodged the sequester also. So many failed predictions of doom.

Since you put it that way -- and didn't want to do the work yourself.. Despite Mr. H's great advice, and the fact that I've bagged my limit of underinformed leftists this week ---

I'm gonna help another leftist mind from going completely to waste..

Why don't you get this news from your Comrade Chris who posted this thread..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/266686-u-s-co2-emissions-dropping.html#post6466197

Which contained this in the OP...

OR --- from a Yahoo news flash I posted here..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/258209-man-solved-global-warming.html#post6243539

AP IMPACT: CO2 emissions in US drop to 20-year low - Yahoo! News

PITTSBURGH (AP) — In a surprising turnaround, the amount of carbon dioxide being released into the atmosphere in the U.S. has fallen dramatically to its lowest level in 20 years, and government officials say the biggest reason is that cheap and plentiful natural gas has led many power plant operators to switch from dirtier-burning coal.

Many of the world's leading climate scientists didn't see the drop coming, in large part because it happened as a result of market forces rather than direct government action against carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas that traps heat in the atmosphere.I

n a little-noticed technical report, the U.S. Energy Information Agency, a part of the Energy Department, said this month that energy related U.S. CO2 emissions for the first four months of this year fell to about 1992 levels.

While conservation efforts, the lagging economy and greater use of renewable energy are factors in the CO2 decline, the drop-off is due mainly to low-priced natural gas, the agency said.

None of those scheduled coal plants could have happened without the immense surge is US nat gas production and the accompanying dramatic lowering of prices..

AND --- note --- LARGELY IN SPITE to your minions of opposition against natural gas expansion and fracking.. Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way...

Would it serve you better to spend a little less time eating up the propaganda at the lying feet of whitehouse.gov?
Not much there except lies and deceit at this point...

Minions? I'm retired, I don't have minions anymore.

How do explain the President's quote below? Looks to me like what you're saying about President Obama's Natural Gas Policy is somewhere in the neighborhood of about 180° off the mark.

President Obama: We have a supply of natural gas that can last America nearly one hundred years, and my Administration will take every possible action to safely develop this energy. Experts believe this will support more than 600,000 jobs by the end of the decade. And I’m requiring all companies that drill for gas on public lands to disclose the chemicals they use. America will develop this resource without putting the health and safety of our citizens at risk.

The development of natural gas will create jobs and power trucks and factories that are cleaner and cheaper, proving that we don’t have to choose between our environment and our economy. And by the way, it was public research dollars, over the course of thirty years, that helped develop the technologies to extract all this natural gas out of shale rock – reminding us that Government support is critical in helping businesses get new energy ideas off the ground.

What’s true for natural gas is true for clean energy. In three years, our partnership with the private sector has already positioned America to be the world’s leading manufacturer of high-tech batteries. Because of federal investments, renewable energy use has nearly doubled. And thousands of Americans have jobs because of it.
Hopefully, Obama's natural gas policy is an interim policy on our way to an all of the above/primarily renewable energy policy.

But what makes the posted charts in the OP interesting/unusual is GDP is up at the same time that CO2 emissions are down.

The shift from coal to natural gas is a factor in reducing global warming gases -- but did you forget to mention last years warmer than normal winter and more efficient cars because of the new mileage requirements or did you leave those things off your list for ideological reasons?

You are reading tea leaves. Whatever possessed you to think that gdp up co2 down couldnt be the result of purely MARKET FORCES. Were YOU totally down with fracking Before you understood this news?

And what do all those other tea leaves have to do with this? Just trying to understand the unique "thinking process of the deep left...

Wanna know Star what makes this news that our co2 emissions are the lowest in 30 years, interesting to ME?

It was acheived WITHOUT Congress, WITHOUT a UN treaty, WITHOUT spending a trillion of taxpayer money, and IN Spite of obstacles placed by government and the media in the path of progress.

Last edited:
rising GDP = falling CO2 [per $ GDP] is, in fact, not new news, cp. the book "Eco-Nomics"

companies always seek efficiency, more "out" for less "in", and more useful "out" product for less non-useful wasteful by-product

the ratio of GDP / ton-pollution has been decreasing for decades

please ponder perusing the book above

rising GDP = falling CO2 [per $ GDP] is, in fact, not new news, cp. the book "Eco-Nomics"

companies always seek efficiency, more "out" for less "in", and more useful "out" product for less non-useful wasteful by-product

the ratio of GDP / ton-pollution has been decreasing for decades

please ponder perusing the book above

Always interested in how inherent market forces work in favor of ecology.
And this result ----- of switching to nat gas -- is a prime example..

Put the book on my gift list...

Forum List

Back