George W. Bush’s Legacy on Africa Wins Praise, Even From Foes

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
The George W. Bush Presidential Library dedication brought together five living presidents who have been at odds about much of the 43rd president’s foreign policy legacy, particularly the Iraq war.

But they all agreed on, and offered effusive praise for, Bush’s work on Africa. From the historic peace agreement between Sudan and South Sudan in 2005, to Bush’s work on HIV/AIDS and malaria, all the presidents, regardless of party, thanked No. 43 for his involvement in African policies and issues.

George W. Bush?s Legacy on Africa Wins Praise, Even From Foes - ABC News

Its always good to see the past and a present president get together and at least get along a bit.

I didnt even know Bono said this last year...

U2 front-man and activist Bono, who criticized Bush on the Iraq War, nonetheless expressed his admiration for the Republican president on an appearance on the Daily Show last year, telling Stewart that Bush did an “amazing” job in the fight against the spread of HIV/AIDS in Africa.

“I know that’s hard for you to accept,” Bono said to a surprised crowd and host, “but George kind of knocked it out of the park. I can tell you, and I’m actually here to tell you that America now has 5 million people being kept alive by these drugs. That’s something that everyone should know.”

wish more people on both sides were more honest like Bono

The George W. Bush Presidential Library dedication brought together five living presidents who have been at odds about much of the 43rd president’s foreign policy legacy, particularly the Iraq war.

But they all agreed on, and offered effusive praise for, Bush’s work on Africa. From the historic peace agreement between Sudan and South Sudan in 2005, to Bush’s work on HIV/AIDS and malaria, all the presidents, regardless of party, thanked No. 43 for his involvement in African policies and issues.

George W. Bush?s Legacy on Africa Wins Praise, Even From Foes - ABC News

Yes, but how much did Bush's African vacation cost while he was in office?

Forum List

Back