Getting rid of Wasps/ Bees Nests

Bonnie said:
That too!!! I love being organized and my house/yard being in good shape, I take pride in that...Besides it's easier to do 10 minutes a day and keep on top of it, than to let it get out of hand and it becomes hours...

Bingo. I take pride in the fact that should anyone happen to pop over unannounced, I don't have to feel embarrassed to open the door.

Bonnie said:
How often do you refill??

i reload the wasp traps with bacon each friday afternoon right before cocktails

the tiki torches about once a month

the candels are on the table

the fabric softener sheets i grab if the bugs get past the first line of defence

Mr. P said:
And a Proud PIG, too! Yer right:gross2:

udaman.gif

Bonnie said:
Yeah I did that last summer, :firing: :crutch: this year Im determined to actually enjoy my deck and pool, maybe even eat out there :mm:

Avoid meat until you have gotten rid of them. Wasps are predators and are attracted to the smell of cooking meat.

Bonnie said:
I see them all over my deck and pool deck. Best suggestions??
Gasoline will kill them on contact and will also melt the nest.
Only downside is, I don't know to many people who are willing to put
Gasoline on their house.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Gasoline will kill them on contact and will also melt the nest.
Only downside is, I don't know to many people who are willing to put
Gasoline on their house.

There is a better way. Soap kills them as well. If you can spray a foam onto them they will suffocate, much of their air comes through the pores in their skin. First blow alot of smoke into their area, this puts them into a kind of sleep, after that spray foam created from soap onto the nest and directly onto the wasp/bee.

A greater benefit is nobody is afraid to spray soap foam onto their deck or house, while gasoline is something most would avoid spraying onto their house.

no1tovote4 said:
A greater benefit is nobody is afraid to spray soap foam onto their deck or house, while gasoline is something most would avoid spraying onto their house.
I did mention that.....
Soap doesn't melt the nest.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I did mention that.....
Soap doesn't melt the nest.

No, but it still kills the inhabitants. After it dries out you can usually remove the nest by hand and give it to the kid for show and tell.

no1tovote4 said:
Avoid meat until you have gotten rid of them. Wasps are predators and are attracted to the smell of cooking meat.

So no grilling till they are gone huh? :(

Bonnie said:
So no grilling till they are gone huh? :(

Not if you want to avoid interaction with the wasps. You can also get those wasp traps at Home Depot. They really do attract a large number of the little beasties.

no1tovote4 said:
No, but it still kills the inhabitants. After it dries out you can usually remove the nest by hand and give it to the kid for show and tell.
I'm allergic so you have fun with that.

no1tovote4 said:
Not if you want to avoid interaction with the wasps. You can also get those wasp traps at Home Depot. They really do attract a large number of the little beasties.

I did that a few years back with my Beetle population, those traps held tons of those critters.

I think I will try the traps, can't hurt. It seems like they just keep coming, Ill use the toxic stuff if the traps fail.

Forum List

Back