Golf Hall Of Fame...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
For the last 25 years, we've had the World Golf Hall of Fame here in St. Augustine.

And it looks like it's going away.

By the end of next year, the Hall will be closing and merging with the USGA and moving to Pinehurst, North Carolina.

I'm not a big golf fan, and I've never visited the HOF, despite living about ten minutes from it. But what I find interesting is that a major sports hall of fame is actually closing. At it's peak, the Hall would see upwards of 280,000 visitors a year. It's dwindled down to 60,000 per year.

World Golf Hall Of Fame Closing

The Hall is housed in a great building. I go up there every year for a vintage motorcycle show and for a Corvette show, each held on the HOF grounds. I've only walked into the lobby of the Hall once, and that was to inquire about tickets to "Top Gun: Maverick" in their IMAX theater. Aside from that, I've never felt compelled to visit.

The only Hall of Fame I've ever visited was NASCAR, and that's just because a friend's son was having a birthday party there. Aside from that, Halls don't hold any great attraction for me. I might visit this one just for the Hell of it.

Anyway, I thought this might be of interest to anyone here who enjoys golf...

Doesn’t seem anyone cares

A HOF must have interesting artifacts
In golf you get to see old clubs and funny looking balls

Last edited:
I did some digging and apparently the World Golf HOF originated in Pinehurst in '73 but was moved to St. Augustine for some reason. So it's returning to Pinehurst but they probably want to make it a mega big thing to attract more visitors.

Forum List

Back