Google co-founder: End individual car ownership

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
Google co-founder steers left: End individual car ownership, tax things ‘we don’t want’

“With self-driving cars, you don’t really need much in the way of parking, because you don’t need one car per person. They just come and get you when you need them,” he added. “You can also make much more efficient road use, if you — and this is not something we’ve developed yet, but it’s certainly been simulated by many — they can form trains. They can go at high speed, perhaps much higher than our highway speeds here.”

Google co-founder Sergey Brin steers left: End individual car ownership, tax things 'we don't want' - Washington Times

It is no secret that Google is working on a self driving car. And they are right that a car can be put into use instead of take up a parking space. The argument is going to be some day that the computer is a safer driver so give up your driving privileges and with economics being the way it is, some people will give up their car if renting a car for a couple of hours is cheaper because the bottom line is money.

What say you?

The left has wanted to do away with personal transportation for decades.

Great idea. The only people who would oppose it are the environment-polluting climate change-deniers who aren't conscious of their own (undoubtedly massive) carbon footprint.

Great idea. The only people who would oppose it are the environment-polluting climate change-deniers who aren't conscious of their own (undoubtedly massive) carbon footprint.
And the Media Types who get their own chauffeured Limousines.

Like Mr. Maddow.

You first, Serge.

surgey+vrin+car.jpg

Google co-founder steers left: End individual car ownership, tax things ‘we don’t want’

“With self-driving cars, you don’t really need much in the way of parking, because you don’t need one car per person. They just come and get you when you need them,” he added. “You can also make much more efficient road use, if you — and this is not something we’ve developed yet, but it’s certainly been simulated by many — they can form trains. They can go at high speed, perhaps much higher than our highway speeds here.”

Google co-founder Sergey Brin steers left: End individual car ownership, tax things 'we don't want' - Washington Times

It is no secret that Google is working on a self driving car. And they are right that a car can be put into use instead of take up a parking space. The argument is going to be some day that the computer is a safer driver so give up your driving privileges and with economics being the way it is, some people will give up their car if renting a car for a couple of hours is cheaper because the bottom line is money.

What say you?

Sure, take away peoples freedom to travel where they wish to. Just another example of a rich progressive making sure that no one else gets to make as much money as him and get as powerful as him.

Class warfare personified....

Spoken like a true Communist.
This is what all commies say
"The freedom of owning a car provides should be sacrificed for greater good."

After all why have freedom when you don't have to drive, no responsibilities.
You can get as drunk and as drugged out as you want to.
The elites have their own cars of course.
Elite commies love the uninformed, drunk, druggies voting for their freebies.
While they live the high life.
They after all know what is best for you, because you are incapable of knowing what's best for you.

How much you want to bet the Google owner will want and claim he deserves his own car and parking place, the rest of us can do with out.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

How much you want to bet the Google owner will want and claim he deserves his own car and parking place, the rest of us can do with out.

Are you implying that he doesn't? The world pretty much runs on Google by now. Google workers are too important to be bogged down by public transportation, they need immediate access to cars that can get them where they need to go as quickly as possible. I mean, what if something important breaks? Are you going to have Google employees stuck in the same elevator or on the same highway full of immobile cars as the rest of us? They need certain privileges to be able to do their jobs properly.

You don't bitch about "employees only" areas in stores or restaurants, do you? That's essentially what giving Google workers their own private cars would be.

Are you implying that he doesn't? The world pretty much runs on Google by now. Google workers are too important to be bogged down by public transportation, they need immediate access to cars that can get them where they need to go as quickly as possible. I mean, what if something important breaks? Are you going to have Google employees stuck in the same elevator or on the same highway full of immobile cars as the rest of us? They need certain privileges to be able to do their jobs properly.

You don't bitch about "employees only" areas in stores or restaurants, do you? That's essentially what giving Google workers their own private cars would be.

And I need my own private car, that works for me.

And the Google employees, according to your statement the would not be aware of their large carbon footprint. Typical liberal, do as I say not as I do.

Last edited:

Are you a Google or government employee? If not, you don't deserve one.

That's what makes you either a brilliant satirist or an incredibly stupid extreme left wing nut.

That's what makes you either a brilliant satirist or an incredibly stupid extreme left wing nut.

I am hoping LiberalMedia is a right wing nut doing an impersonation of a left wing nut, because if LM is serious, then that elevator is only going to floor 2 of a 20 story building.

I am hoping LiberalMedia is a right wing nut doing an impersonation of a left wing nut, because if LM is serious, then that elevator is only going to floor 2 of a 20 story building.

A few fries short of a happy meal.

If you were a person of average intelligence, you would have KNOWN THAT LiberalMedia IS PLAYING A ROLE by the time he/she made his five posts here.

So many idiots have failed to grasp this obvious fact. If I didn't enjoy mocking you so much, I'd have to kill myself for associating with so many intellectual lightweights.

What say you?

I say Sergey Brin is a Commie, and he's prolly gonna get shot pretty soon.

Forum List

Back