Google to grant developers control of your Android apps

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
That´s outright sinister but the anti-Microsoft army will never notice as they are on the store drip-feed and can´t install an application on their own.
But for those, like me, who prefer freedom over "security" this new development just kills a major argument for Android: The ability to "side-load" apps without having to alter the device or its operating system.

"'Play Integrity' will allow app developers to use the Play Integrity API to detect if their app is installed outside of the Play Store and thus block its execution until it is installed from the Google store."

That means developers can just disable their apps on my phone when they are not installed via the Play Store. But can I disable their cars when they were not purchased at the brand´s store, for example at the second hand shop?

That is just an insane plan and I will rather block the store completely than giving up on my freedom. I will firewall the store and so it won´t be able to control my device. Security, my ass. This is certainly about modified apps. But don´t worry, dear devs: keep your freemium shitware, I don´t even take it with billions in your moronic ingame currencies. And fuck off.

Forum List

Back