GreekRail Crash kills 43

Trains crashing all over the world it seems. Poor regulation and lack of safety standards behind most of it. Govt needs to step up because the market will not.

Greece's railroads are already socialized , Tommy.

You got things half ass backwards.

Maybe its time to return Greek trains to the private sector.

Greece's railroads are already socialized , Tommy.

You got things half ass backwards.

Maybe its time to return Greek trains to the private sector.
No, you are misinformed they are owned by Ferrovi, an italian company. They were sold off a few years ago.

Head on collision is a lack of regulation? You mean to tell me there is no regulation in Greece for trains headed straight for one another?

Head on collision is a lack of regulation? You mean to tell me there is no regulation in Greece for trains headed straight for one another?
Well, the station master was arrested the day it happened.....
Too bad Mayor Pete wasn't arrested for what he did in Ohio

"Greek Transport Minister Kostas Karamanlis resigned Wednesday, saying he felt it was his duty to step down out of "respect for the memory of the people who died so unfairly.”

When will the fag step down for the death and misery he caused in Ohio??

No, you are misinformed they are owned by Ferrovi, an italian company. They were sold off a few years ago.

Well technically the Hellenic Railways Organization owns and operates the infrastructure while the companies own the trains that operate on them. This appears to be a traffic control accident. They need to have an automated system that prevents these type error instead of allowing station managers manually route the trains.

Are we to expect that all private rail lines are going to be complicit with safety improvements (sometimes expensive upgrades) that keep these trains running safely? Are major airlines under government scrutiny for safety?

Not this one. UK trains are privately owned as well. They are shit and need to be owned by the govt.
Let me educate you. Network Rail is an "arm's length" public body of the Department for Transport with no shareholders, which reinvests its income in the railways.

The running of the trains is tendered out, some of the money goes to network rail, the bulk from the government. It's a non profit organisation.

Not this one. UK trains are privately owned as well. They are shit and need to be owned by the govt.

You are going to puke your gender guts out over this one Tommy Tit.

I had to get the train down to Carlisle. I downloaded the ScotRail app, paid £7, cheap as chips because return tickets are the same price. That journey is over £20 in diesel. The train was on time, nice and clean, guardsman checked tickets etc.. free wi-fi (although I didn't use it). Clean stations etc.. All very efficient, probably because no union members or Corbyn about.

Next public transport was bus. I had to head out on the Newcastle bus. All tickets £2!!! Nice clean bus, on time, polite driver.

Well, great trains and great buses. The picture you paint, Wales must be a shit hole. That'll teach you to live a shit hole country, but don't move, the English and Scots don't want grave pissers.

And the ownership of the Network and contracts is beyond your 2 braincell sheep shagging brain.

You are going to puke your gender guts out over this one Tommy Tit.

I had to get the train down to Carlisle. I downloaded the ScotRail app, paid £7, cheap as chips because return tickets are the same price. That journey is over £20 in diesel. The train was on time, nice and clean, guardsman checked tickets etc.. free wi-fi (although I didn't use it). Clean stations etc.. All very efficient, probably because no union members or Corbyn about.

Next public transport was bus. I had to head out on the Newcastle bus. All tickets £2!!! Nice clean bus, on time, polite driver.

Well, great trains and great buses. The picture you paint, Wales must be a shit hole. That'll teach you to live a shit hole country, but don't move, the English and Scots don't want grave pissers.

And the ownership of the Network and contracts is beyond your 2 braincell sheep shagging brain.
Our trains are underfunded. The tories called HS2 an England and Wales project so took all our funding to pay for it.
HS2 doesnt come within 100 miles of Wales but we pay for it. That is the definition of colonialism.
I expect that is too complicated for you to grasp as a brexit.

Some simple questions, coherent answers please -

To what value is rail underfunded by in £?

How does UK rail funding compare to other Western nations?

How is rail infrastructure and service measured to other Western nations train service?
£4bn

Forum List

Back