Groundbreaking study - big cars are safer in crashes with smaller cars

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2021
From the water is wet department, drivers of heavy pickup trucks survive more crashes than drivers of compact cars. Or, as put in this ridiculous study, "As the weight of your car increases, the risk of killing other increases dramatically." See that? Now you are killing people by driving a pickup truck. We have another crisis that will require some sort of federal intervention. "Car bloat". Look for ideas being floated around additional taxes on bigger cars or some other costly regulation. So tiresome.

Last edited:
I remember seeing a fake NHTSA crash video between a full size Chevy and a compact car. The "head on" collision was carefully constructed so that the Chevy took the brunt of the damage on the driver's side while the compact car's damage was spread across its entire front end, thus "proving" that the smaller car was safer.

how about just get a lawnmower attachment for some of these
and together we can RE_Imagine the auto industry.

1725291909268.png

I used to have a 66 VW bug, even one with the roof cut out with a torch. Gas tank up front. Lap belts if any. Imagine that head on into a Delta 88 driven by a drunken Chicano.

Probably some Millennial 'researcher' found their parent's 5th math notebook. A tome of infinite wisdom is the age of manufactured stupidity.

I have phobia of a big SUV full of Dem lesbians singing Mellisa Ethridge and rear ending me at 75MPH when the freeway halts but they miss noticing the sea of brakelights.

Last edited:
You know what’s next, dont you? GOVT to Ban big mean cars. Everyone in 15MPH golf carts or Smart cars. All the same size and weight. Like East German 1960s’ cars.

No shit.

I had a 67 Ford falcon as a kid and I could wreck that and bend the fender and bust the headlight. I get in the same wreck in my 2021 car and half the car is destroyed. Granted my falcon wasn't big but it was all metal, not 3/4 plastic.

The tank my uncle drove when I was a kid was a boat, you could probably get hit by a pickup doing 65 and still drive home after. Course it got like 12 miles to the gallon.

Remember, this is supposedly the pro-life party casually disregarding the deaths of thousands of people, including children that they can’t see over the enormous hoods of their stupid trucks.

Forum List

Back