Guess what the IRS needs, money to enforce thee voluntary tax

Missouri_Mike

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2012
I shit you not.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen warned Wednesday that holding his agency’s budget flat for the next several years could make IRS tax enforcement so weak that it threatens Americans’ voluntary tax compliance, on which the government relies heavily for most of its funding.

The IRS s stark warning Boost IRS funding or voluntary tax compliance could erode in the U.S. TheBlaze.com

Nothing says voluntary like needing a larger budget in order to enforce this...volunteering...ness...thing. But in the end you got to spend a bunch of tax dollars making sure you volunteer your forced, err I mean volunteered tax dollars.

Am I the only one that seems to think the IRS is confused about whether taxes are voluntary or not?

The original Tax Bill states that only Federal Employees and those that live in the D.C. area MUST pay the Tax. The rest are Voluntary.

When you sign your Tax Form you are Waiving your 5th Amendment Rights.

Yes, the fact millions of people cheat on their taxes is less important than Granny Teabag couldn't get a tax exemption for her fraudulent teabagging group.

..... Or Al Sharpton and Charlie Rangle.

What is so fraudulent about a political group seeking tax exemptions?

The original Tax Bill states that only Federal Employees and those that live in the D.C. area MUST pay the Tax. The rest are Voluntary.

Ironic that I was just having a debate about this, with someone who doesn't understand tax codes.

Yes, the fact millions of people cheat on their taxes is less important than Granny Teabag couldn't get a tax exemption for her fraudulent teabagging group.

You realize how fuckin uneducated you sound typing drivel like this? Nah you probably wouldn't.

Ironic that I was just having a debate about this, with someone who doesn't understand tax codes.
Americans know all about Sports, Gays and nothing else.

NOthing at all. As long as it applies for the legally correct one.

To review, there's a tax exemption for political groups- where you should disclose your donors, and one for Social welfare agencies, where they don't. MOst of these teabagging groups were claiming to be social welfare agencies. That's why they were being investigated. Which is really what the law calls for.

The thing Lerner did "wrong" was that she flagged groups with names like "Tea Party" for extra scrutiny, which a lot of them clearly deserved.

NOthing at all. As long as it applies for the legally correct one.

To review, there's a tax exemption for political groups- where you should disclose your donors, and one for Social welfare agencies, where they don't. MOst of these teabagging groups were claiming to be social welfare agencies. That's why they were being investigated. Which is really what the law calls for.

The thing Lerner did "wrong" was that she flagged groups with names like "Tea Party" for extra scrutiny, which a lot of them clearly deserved.

Sounds like you are referring to ACORN and other successor organizations claiming to be Social welfare agencies but in reality, are not.

He doesn't like them, that is the difference.
It is OK that agencies like ACORN received actual fraudulent grants and broke the law repeatedly...but any organization that he doesn't agree with is not okay.

Forum List

Back