Guess who has highest reaction score here at USMB?

Ok, I'm going by who had that spot as of a few minutes ago

Go ahead and guess... But I know you can check on this with a couple clicks so I'll just say...

Righwinger

ha ha... :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

We're shocked, utterly shocked! Whoda thunk it?
Reaction score isnt a good indicator for anything. For example, if everybody clicks the "Disagree" button on all of your posts, you get a high reaction score. If everyone "LOVES" your posts, you get a high reaction score.

If you were to rate reaction scores, you wouldnt do it by the total number anyway. You compare the number of total posts to the reaction score. My reaction score is pretty decent because my score is about half of my total posts. You want to look at the percentages. If a guy has only 1,000 reaction score more than me, but he has 50,000 more posts than me, he isnt doing so great.

For those of you looking to get a high reaction score, here is the secret.... You make a lot of threads. Everyone reads the opening posts in every thread, so the OP tends to generate the most reactions from people. A mediocre opening post will get more "thanks" than a brilliant post on page 3.

Last edited:
I just did some quick math & it turns out leftwinker has averaged about 52 posts/day since it joined in 2009.
It has over 60,000 more posts than it's next closest competitor, which happens to be Groomflow.

Basically, every time it has a really stupid idea, it posts something on USMB

I just did some quick math & it turns out leftwinker has averaged about 52 posts/day since it joined in 2009.
It has over 60,000 more posts than it's next closest competitor, which happens to be Groomflow.

Basically, every time it has a really stupid idea, it posts something on USMB
I predate him, i feel like i post quite a bit, but i dont have anything close to his number of posts.

Is that a good thing?
Every click of "Thanks", "Brilliant"," "Informative", "LOVE", "Disagree", etc gives you 1 point. So yeah, the higher it is compared to your post count, the better.

Oh, I thought it was the weekly running total thing.
I guess i could be wrong, but im pretty sure thats what ive noticed. Look at my reaction score (im at 13,220), then click thanks on this post. Lets test.

Now im at 13,221, but i havent been thanked. Ok, i have no idea what im talking about. How am i getting points by just sitting here?

Forum List

Back