Gun seller threatened with death for selling guns in Maryland

R

rdean

On Friday, New Jersey’s Senate majority leader offered a compromise that might allay fears that smart gun technology will become a backdoor form of gun control. State Sen. Loretta Weinberg (D),who sponsored the landmark 2002 law, said she would ask the legislature to drop the mandate if the National Rifle Association, a fierce critic of smart gun technology, promises not to stand in the way of the development and sale of the weapons.

“I’m willing to do this because eventually these are the kinds of guns people will want to buy,” Weinberg said.

After finishing the video, Raymond feared what would happen to the store if he left. He slept there until until 3 a.m., then went home and returned at 6 a.m. to stand guard.

“I thought what I was doing was right,” he said. “I didn’t want my shop burned down.”

Threats against Maryland gun dealer raise doubts about future of smart guns - The Washington Post

Guess people aren't so free after all to sell what they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let the Secret Service use the "smart guns" to protect Obama, Holder, Biden and all the other Anti-American Liberals in Washington first before trying to push this "No Common Sense" dumb proposal on the good law abiding people. The first time these so called "smart guns" fail, and some Liberal loses his or her life, their " No Common Sense" proposal will be flushed down the toilet forever...

there are always wackos making threats. you can bet rdean didn't give one hoot about threats to bush....or any republican or anyone who is opposed to his world view

It's the new gun owner's test: If you're not smart enough to disable it, you're not smart enough to own it. I could almost support that.

I hope they catch and prosecute the people who made the threats. I don't think the NJ law would stand court tests, but you will never know until someone is denied access to a conventional firearm under the law. Another thing, how can they sell the watch separate if it's needed to allow the gun to function?

Imagine if you had one of these weapons, you're in the shower and hear someone break in your home, you jump out of the shower, grab your gun, find yourself face to face with an armed intruder, oops the watch is still in the bathroom.

Last edited:
If the French army had those smart guns at the start of WW-II Germany might never have made the progress they did. Many of the German troops acquired "former" French weapons which had never been fired and only dropped once.

I hope they catch and prosecute the people who made the threats. I don't think the NJ law would stand court tests, but you will never know until someone is denied access to a conventional firearm under the law. Another thing, how can they sell the watch separate if it's needed to allow the gun to function?

Imagine if you had one of these weapons, you're in the shower and hear someone break in your home, you jump out of the shower, grab your gun, find yourself face to face with an armed intruder, oops the watch is still in the bathroom.

Tape the watch to the gun.

btw, is the right sell guns an implied right in the 2nd amendment?

A gun for dufus wads with no common sense, and quite frankly, just may be a waste of oxygen

-Geaux

To me, war weapons in the hands of civilians makes no sense. I have read of many instances where the homeowners guns were used against the homeowner. This type of safety system would eliminate that. And how many times have we read about a small child picking up a gun laid down carelessly and killing themselves or someone else with that gun.

To me, war weapons in the hands of civilians makes no sense. I have read of many instances where the homeowners guns were used against the homeowner. This type of safety system would eliminate that. And how many times have we read about a small child picking up a gun laid down carelessly and killing themselves or someone else with that gun.

Interesting facts relative to gun death of children

-Geaux

Children and Guns
Myth: 13 children are killed each day by guns

Gun Facts | Children and Guns

Fact: Adults included – This “statistic” includes “children” up to age 19 or 24, depending on the source. 1 Most violent crime is committed by males ages 16-24, these numbers end up including adult gang members dying during criminal activity. The proper definition of ‘child’ is a person between birth and puberty (typically 13-14 years old).

Fact: 301 children (age 14 and under) died from gunfire in all of 2010 or less than one per day. This includes homicides, accidents, and suicides combined. 2

Fact: Criminals are included – According to the CDC, over half of all homicides of victims aged 15-19 are gang-related. The same study found that gang-related homicides are more likely to involve firearms than those that are not (95% versus 69%). 3

No it wouldn't. How hard is it for the kid to pick up the bracelet, and if you are wearing the bracelet and struggling with the intruder, you are both in proximity.

Also, a handgun is not a "war weapon"

The law has to go first. The problem with waiting for the courts is just that. You have to WAIT. and with the way the courts are now, its a crap shoot if you will have your rights protected or not.

No it's an explicit right in the 2nd Amendment, guns must be manufactured and sold for the people to have them, the same goes with ammo. BTW did you miss the part where I said the people who made the threats should be caught and prosecuted?

Even if the right to sell guns were not an implied right in the constitution, there is no part of the constitution which prohibits selling guns.

Tape the watch to the gun??
floorlaugh.gif

Forum List

Back