Gun seller threatened with death for selling guns in Maryland

I seriously doubt smart guns will be that popular. Some law enforcement agencies might force their cops to carry them, but I don't think the general population is going to want a gun that you have to wear a watchband all the time to use.

To me, war weapons in the hands of civilians makes no sense. I have read of many instances where the homeowners guns were used against the homeowner. This type of safety system would eliminate that. And how many times have we read about a small child picking up a gun laid down carelessly and killing themselves or someone else with that gun.

Interesting facts relative to gun death of children

-Geaux

Children and Guns
Myth: 13 children are killed each day by guns

Gun Facts | Children and Guns

Fact: Adults included – This “statistic” includes “children” up to age 19 or 24, depending on the source. 1 Most violent crime is committed by males ages 16-24, these numbers end up including adult gang members dying during criminal activity. The proper definition of ‘child’ is a person between birth and puberty (typically 13-14 years old).

Fact: 301 children (age 14 and under) died from gunfire in all of 2010 or less than one per day. This includes homicides, accidents, and suicides combined. 2

Fact: Criminals are included – According to the CDC, over half of all homicides of victims aged 15-19 are gang-related. The same study found that gang-related homicides are more likely to involve firearms than those that are not (95% versus 69%). 3

He's always trying to increase the numbers exponentially. Fact is, we rarely hear of some small kid picking up a gun and killing someone else. Its all about the heart string pulling.

Forum List

Back